The Associate Data Scientist builds new analytical solutions which inform business processes and operations while sitting at the heart of our advanced analytics capability. The incumbent designs, executes and synthesizes point analytics to support specific business questions, programs or initiatives. The incumbent will be a data-driven problem solver who understands and utilizes the Organization's business partner’s strategies, goals and processes to answer critical business questions by leveraging and synthesizing the large volume and variety of data available to them. Draws on tools and methods from statistics and machine learning to perform analysis, create predictive models, visualize data, and drive projects through to delivery of the intended outcome. Continuously scans and tests new data sources, tools, and analytical techniques and partners with leading institutions and experts to contribute to our portfolio of next-generation analytic projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with the business to understand their questions, business processes, programs and/or initiatives, then identify how analytical solutions could help deliver value for them (e.g., more effective and/ or efficient processes). This will include assisting fellow data scientists with, outlining new use cases, creating high level impact estimates, and identifying the necessary data elements (including proxies) to deliver the analytical solution. Assemble the data set using knowledge of where the required data exist within Organization's source data system, derived production sets or publicly available sources.
- Select and apply the appropriate advanced modeling/machine learning techniques to these data sets to deliver business insight, ensuring that the final analysis is well researched, accurate, and documented. This requires technical flexibility and awareness of most advanced analytical approaches (for example regression models, tree-based learning, neural networks, clustering techniques, natural language processing) with demonstrated aptitude in applying at least one.
- Consult with the business to contextualize and translate the results of our analysis in a form which the business can understand and take action on. This will include contributing to written reports, presentations and data visualizations, and draws clear lines between the high-level problem specifications, the analyses performed, and how the results link directly back to business objectives. It requires associate data scientists to demonstrate their depth of understanding of some areas of the business, the data and the analytical methods through ongoing engagement with a range of audiences.
- Contribute to the planning, preparing and delivering/coordinating all elements of the analysis in such a way that it is delivered on time, to a high standard and ready to implemented on a production basis (including dissemination through the Organization's user systems). This includes identifying the best route to implementation (developing the analytical solution accordingly).
- Build relationships internally to transfer knowledge, consult with follow data scientists and analysts to guide analysis and deliver larger projects using self-directed continued learning of analytical skills and approaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
(substitution: Bachelors with significant relevant work experience instead of a post-graduate degree)
- 1 - 5 years in Data Analytics
- 1 - 3 years in Predictive Modeling
- 1 - 3 years in Large Datasets
- 1 - 3 years in Statistical Software
- 1 - 3 years in Data Visualization
- 0 - 1 years in the Healthcare Industry
- 0 - 1 years in Research and Development
- 0 - 1 years in Business Analyst
- 0 - 1 years in Consulting
Referral Award Payout Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org