Job ID: J110489
Company: HM Health Solutions Inc.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Apr 17, 2018
Within area of expertise (application, solution, information, technology, business), designs, develops, implements, supports, and optimizes architecture strategy to meet business capabilities and needs. Ensures completeness of architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders. Ensures integrity of architecture by connecting various views of stakeholders, reconciling conflicting concerns, and showing the trade-offs made in so doing. Considers practicality and fitness for purpose in determining architecture to develop. Leverage business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations and systems. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices.
1. Provide strategic consultation to business customers in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements. Facilitate development of enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques. Participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
2. Specifies and designs large or complex systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. Reviews others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. Establishes policy for selection of architecture components. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
3. Uses appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of
architectures. Produces detailed component requirements, specifications and translates these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation using selected products. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes. Ensures that relevant technical and business strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
4. Selects and uses tools and methods to establish, clarify, and communicate the functional and non-functional requirements of system users, their characteristics, and tasks. Identifies the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which complex products or systems will operate. Identifies, proposes, initiates, and leads significant improvement programs, taking responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the realization of measurable business benefits. Modifies existing process improvement approaches and/or develops new approaches to achieving improvement.
5. Ensures the resolution of a variety of architecture and business problems.
6. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical aspects in area of expertise and provides advice regarding their application. The area of specific expertise may be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, process, product, or application area.
7. Provides leadership in the areas of expertise and architecture to peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training by:
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
**Due to Department of Defense (DoD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check
Certification in application areas would be helpful:
Java Developer, DB2, PEGA, Enterprise
Architect(SCEA) or Project Management
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org