This job supports the company’s corporate transformation and strategic planning process, including the assessment of macro-level environmental forces, refinement of strategic objectives, and identification of required supporting capabilities. The incumbent will provide technical, analytical, and administrative support to the department and senior executives for the purpose of promoting informed strategy discussions. Responsibilities include analyzing industry issues and developing competitive intelligence including general industry trends, regional industry activities, regulatory or public policy developments and emerging technology. The incumbent must be able to assimilate a wide variety of information of strategic importance then use the information to build a coherent message and strategic options for presentation to the company’s executive management.
- Identify trends and issues that are shaping the industry and markets in which the company operates.
- Monitor and analyze competitor data to recognize and articulate important events and trends.
- Analyze and evaluate pertinent data and advise management of implications for Gateway Health Plan.
- Formulate strategic and public policy options in response to environmental forces.
- Develop studies, analyses and presentations documenting industry trends, competitor activities, etc. for various internal and external audiences.
- Support development and continual tracking of core assumptions impacting strategic objectives.
- Propose and develop improvements to existing processes that align with the goals and objectives of the department and company. Establish quality control processes around all work, analysis, and models. Continually enhance their company and industry knowledge to apply appropriate reasonableness checks.
- In some areas/departments, may support strategic planning process. Manage the strategic planning calendar including the scheduling of all executive-level meetings. Prepare all materials in support of enterprise planning process. Plan large-scale, off-site meetings in support of strategic planning. Support the monitoring of project activity (within or across functional areas) of a complex nature requiring multiple resources.
- Manage the development and maintenance of departmental databases and periodical reports. Assist in the identification and implementation of continual process improvements to the planning process.
- Collaborate with internal and external vendors to design and implement annual communication campaigns. Manage ongoing updates to the department website including acting as the liaison with external web developers. Support design and distribution of plan communication materials. Support development of business unit-specific communications throughout the year. Develop communication materials targeting specific employee populations.
- Complete project work as assigned. Develop, maintain and monitor basic project plans and deliverable. Liaison with various business units as determined by manager for specific projects. Resolve problems including identifying and recommending creative solutions.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business, Healthcare, Intelligence Studies, Research and Analysis)
- 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization
- 2 years in a business or research-related role
- 2 years of experience in the following:
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Advanced use of the web, research databases, and literature searches to synthesize data and conduct analysis
- Proficiency using report writers and query tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced level computer skills, including Internet navigation, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook), SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Medicaid
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Effective time-management skills to effectively complete ongoing projects in balance with daily responsibilities
- Integrity in the discreet handling of confidential information and professionalism in responding to "customers" of the area
- Thorough understanding of the health care industry
- Ability to work with little or no supervision, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, provide recommendations and effectively communicate updates
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Solid research, analytical, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Broad range of general business knowledge and experience
- Ability to work independently and develop analytical assessments of strategic issues of importance to the company and its future direction
- Working knowledge of strategic planning, including terminology, the planning process, strategic intelligence and strategic plan communication
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org