Job ID: J109606
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: May 1, 2018
General Overview: Senior Consultant - Informatics
The consulting workforce leverages combined people, process, and technology competencies to support large-scale, complex customer engagements; collaborates with Product, Infrastructure, and Security teams to configure solutions and deliver value to customers; acts as subject matter expert and trusted advisor in both practice and customer spaces; and works closely with engagement and practice leadership team to define strategic and tactical direction.
The Senior Consultant delivers value to customers through client-facing advisory and delivery service in support of the HM Health Solutions product offerings. Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, owning deliverable artifacts, leading workstreams, engaging key customer stakeholders, building and sharing institutional knowledge, and developing junior professionals.
This role will collaborate with consulting services, product teams and other internal and external customers / stakeholders to craft vision and scope for all analytics engagements and is accountable for driving the timely, effective and efficient delivery of those engagements. This role will also work closely with business development teams on growth opportunities. You will be responsible for formulating the long term strategy around our analytics, information management, data integration and warehousing, data governance and Business Intelligence functions along with successfully delivering on the engagements for all our internal and external customers in this space. This role will also be responsible for mentoring the teams regarding various standard and emerging healthcare disciplines, enterprise analytics and business intelligence including operational reporting. This role will function as a delivery lead for the execution of large transformations, new capabilities being built, or platform improvements.
Essential Job Functions:
• Specific responsibilities require a combination of management, consultancy and technical/business skills. Being able to demonstrate that you have experience working with senior IT executives and providing technical subject matter expertise and strategic thought leadership to influence and support their functional areas.
• Lead delivery and execution of specific components of complex, large scale, multi-year (high cost, high complexity and/or high risk) client enterprise transformation programs by: gathering required data through direct observation and/or inquiry and synthesizing data into meaningful observation; analyzing, identifying and problem solving from information sets (issues could be business or systems issues) drawing conclusions from information sets based on analysis, creating hypotheses and presenting recommendations to team; developing client specific requirements, standard operating procedures, functional roles & responsibilities, process flow and user guides.
• Responsible for partnering with the client or internal practice areas and teams to elicit business needs and expectations, accountable for transforming the business, maximizing the business case, and delivering on customers’ needs and participants in the decision-making body of HMHS for the project
• Design and own Responsible for delivering artifacts to deliver client value and meet contractual obligations in a matrix environment, which may include delivery of individual scope components within a project according to plan and budget.
• IndepentlyIndependently lead multiple, concurrent engagement work streams to meet milestones on time, within budget, and to deliver with high quality and within agreed to budgets.
• Build, share, and maintain expertise in both practice area and client environment, regularly interface with Product, Infrastructure, and Security teams to deliver on customer commitments within a standard framework for investment delivery execution.
• Develop and execute project plans that are tailor-made and based on client-specific situations and client requirements by driving partnerships and collaboration with other functional areas and teams throughout deliver.
• Collaborate with operational readiness, organizational change management, solution capability, packaging, and estimating, planning and delivery management.
• Provide coaching, mentorship, and professional development for junior resources.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Management Information Science, Health Administration, or relevant field
• 5+ years' consulting and/or industry experience
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time
• Master's Degree Business Administration, Management Information Science, Health Administration, or relevant field
• 3+ years' healthcare/insurance industry experience
• 3+ years' technology platform delivery experience
• 3+ years' program/project management experience
• Experience engaging, influencing, and advising senior executive leaders
• Experience working in complex matrixed environments
• Project Management Professional, Information Technology Infrastructure Library
• 8+ years of experience in analytics, information management, data integration, data science and/or business intelligence platforms including at least 3 years' experience as a leader (ex: Director, Associate Principal, Sr. Consultant) in this space responsible for delivering upon customer commitments
• Ability to partner with engineering and business teams to create and lead the delivery of innovative and practical roadmaps, communicate with customers, understand the complexities and yet be able to explain them to non-technical resources in a simple manner
• Proven, hands on experience working with very large healthcare data integration platforms and initiatives with deep technical expertise covering multiple tools across ETL, data validation, information modeling, data mining, data integration disciplines (or) Proven, hands on experience working with very large datasets and healthcare information models with deep technical expertise across analytics and informatics technologies like SQL, Hadoop ecosystem, SAS, Teradata, R, Tableau, Cognos and Python data packages
• Ability to understand and successfully navigate the complexities of working with data at scale (volume, variety, velocity and veracity), along with the clear ability to mentor and grow others w.r.t those skills
• Deep passion, in depth understanding and drive to leverage tools and techniques to collect, collate, curate, model and cluster data in order to extract information and insights from it
• Strong understanding and experience in creating, validating, productionizing advanced healthcare business analytical modules, customer and consumer analytics, data integration, data mining, predictive modeling, statistical methods and attribution models along with exploratory, experimental analyses
Referral Level Payout 4
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org