Job ID: J114651
Company: Gateway Health Plan
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Jan 29, 2018
The Decision Support Analyst provides analysis in the development and support of both internal and external projects. Transforms raw data into usable information and recommends innovative approaches to improve the business. Performs modeling of data sources, analyzes and reports utilization and cost trends, and evaluates current programs and interventions. The incumbent acts as the analytic liaison on cross-functional business or clinical teams.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
2. Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
3. Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Uses broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Takes the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
4. Takes the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
5. Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
6. Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
7. Develops and maintains moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Referral Award Payout Level: 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org