Assists the nurse in providing age sensitive patient care according to hospital/department policies and procedures. Assists with non-patient care duties to assist with operational needs of the unit
- Provide for care/comfort of patients under direct supervision of the nurse.
- Assist with the technical duties. Examples may be but are not all inclusive: vital signs, 12 lead EKG, blood glucose monitoring, and transporting of patients and their charts, constantly maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Perform and record in patients' charts, basic patient care procedures, vital signs, meal consumption, intake, output, height and weight.
- Report accurate patient information to the nurse to assist with providing adequate and appropriate care.
- Prepare the patient care area for patient arrival. Maintain adequate stock levels in each patient care area.
- Respond to patient call lights in a timely manner to determine patients needs and follows through appropriately.
- Follow department and division policies/procedures, objectives, and performance improvement programs, safety and environmental programs including universal precautions. Attend mandatory inservices and participates in unit-based competencies.
- Assist with simple dressing changes (i.e., clean technique where wound assessment is performed by a licensed nurse and where no wound debridement or packing is involved).
- Remove foley catheter, performs bladder scan and performs clean catheterization technique per hospital protocol
- Instruct and observe patient on Incentive Spirometry and/or Cough/Deep Breathing
- High school diploma/GED
- Must meet one of the following requirements plus 1 year recent related experience: 1.) Current enrollment with the PA State Nurse Aide Registry (CNA) 2.) Graduate of a formal nursing assistant/PCT/medical assistant/nursing program 3.) EMT/Paramedic certification
- 3 years recent experience as a nursing assistant/PCT
- Successful completion of Jefferson Regional PCT II training program (80%)
- Must have a minimum of Heartsaver CPR - Course #1 which includes Adult CPR andForeign, Body Airway instruction (FBOA). Further requirements are department andunit specific
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org