Manages, coordinates and oversees day to day operations of the cardiovascular and/or pulmonary rehabilitation department and provides age sensitive, professional patient care through functional leadership. Assists organization in achieving expected outcomes and service goals for the cardiovascular rehabilitation program. Oversees multiple sites and/or multiple departments and assists with inpatient as well as outpatient patient care duties at sites/departments as needed. Responsible for maintaining budgets, staffing and services by analyzing current services and plan new services for program growth.
- Oversees and directs cardiovascular and/or pulmonary rehabilitation department staff and/or additional department staff, including scheduling and assignment of work. Ensures safe, effective, and efficient patient care by training, supervising, and leading staff.
- Interviews, selects, and trains department staff. Evaluates work performance as well as counsels and disciplines staff as needed. Provides corrective action plans to resolve departmental work performance.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental budgets for all departments within guidelines set by organization. Responsible for assisting in preparation of statistical reports and payroll records.
- Assists with the development of new patient care services and protocols that will be used for the provision of cardiovascular and/or pulmonary rehabilitation programs. Develops, maintains, and updates policies/procedures as needed.
- Assists staff with inpatient and outpatient care duties when necessary by performing cardiovascular and/or pulmonary rehabilitation patient assessments and monitoring patient care in the cardiovascular and/or pulmonary rehabilitation department.
- Provides appropriate care and patient monitoring which includes cardiac monitoring and physical examination. Reports changes in patient condition to physician(s) and provides follow-up care.
- Communicates with referring Physicians and office staff to ensure appropriate patient enrollment and authorizations.
- Participates in the marketing of the cardiovascular rehabilitation program to Physicians and community, as well as participates in events such as health fairs and educational seminars
- Maintains performance improvement programs, staff competencies, and assures programs are being utilized effectively.
- Integrates performance improvement principles into all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Integrates customer service excellence principles into all aspects of job responsibilities
- Delegates work activities and projects to department staff as warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management or required within the cardiovascular and/or pulmonary rehabilitation service line.
- Master's degree in Exercise Physiology/Exercise Science with 5+ years actual work experience in cardiac rehab setting required or MSN required with 5 + years of cardiac/critical care work experience and 1 + year of actual work experience in cardiac rehab setting required.
- 1+ supervisory experience required.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-CEP) or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-RCEP) required. Must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Heartsaver CPR – Course #1 which includes Adult CPR and Foreign Body Obstructed Airway (FBOA) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required. Must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org