Coordinates and provides comprehensive Employee Health Services for Allegheny Health Network that are consistent with state/federal requirements and the network's mission, vision and values.
- Conducts post offer, pre-hire screening of new hire candidates to include but not limited to the initial health assessment, appropriate department testing and follow-up, lab work review, vaccine updates and drug testing. (20%)
- Coordinates and administers network -wide medical surveillance and immunization programs. (10%)
- Evaluates and determines employees’ fitness for duty which may require a leave of absence. Reviews and approves a leave of absence through assessment of the health status of healthcare personnel through health histories, physical assessments, diagnostic tests and medical documentation. (10%)
- Develops, administers, monitors and evaluates employee health initiatives, policy and procedure review, program upgrades and continuous updating of knowledge and programming relative to federal, state and local regulations and accreditation standards. (15%)
- Serves as an advisor for developing and evaluating occupational health and safety services network wide. May lead or participate in hospital committees and performance improvement initiatives. (5%)
- Coordinates treatment and follow-up care of employees for work-related exposures and injuries, provides case management and facilitates return to work. (15%)
- Analyzes and provides recommendations to prevent health effects from hazardous exposures. Assesses the work environments and identifies any potentially unsafe equipment or procedures. (15%)
- Plans, coordinates and conducts Employee Health educational programming including but not limited to new hire orientation, annual education, wellness initiatives and accident and injury prevention. (10%)
- Current PA RN license
- 5-7 years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of workers compensation, FMLA, infection prevention and occupational health standards of practice.
- Occupational Health Nursing certification.
- Employee Health or Occupational Health experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org