This job is directly responsible for the retention, growth and profitability of an assigned customer base, focused on small/medium sized accounts. The incumbent negotiates the financial renewal for assigned clients, assists sales executives in the sale of new business, negotiates contracts, manages client issues to resolution, and implementation of business.
- Account Planning & Management. Develop account renewal strategy to retain customers, membership and drive UCD profitability. Perform Product & Network assessments and develop competitor positioning and strategies to market against the competition. Identify growth and retention opportunities and develop strategies to win this business. Perform profitability analysis and develop strategies to increase customer profitability and interface and collaborate with underwriting, actuarial, provider relations, and product to deliver total product solution and best value to customer. Engage with customer to identify and implement meaningful customer specific reporting. Manage customer open enrollment needs (materials, meetings, etc.). Manage customer issues to timely and complete resolution while ensuring customer satisfaction and aligning with corporate goals and objectives and meet with customer to perform plan reviews and consultative assessments. Manage customer specific performance guarantees (PGs) including annual confirmation of sold PGs, reporting accuracy of PGS, and timely delivery of PGs to customer. Ensure document compliancy with customer (i.e. documented renewal letters, contracts, Performance Guarantees and other legal documents) and file within corporate repository. Manage implementation of customer plans and restructures. Document meetings and contacts with customer or broker, etc. in SalesForce or other management identified method.
- Relationship Management. Develop strong working relationships with customers that influence customer insight and perspective of UCD value. Develop strategies to increase customer satisfaction and develop strategies to increase producer/consultant knowledge and insight of UCD value.
- Sales. Negotiate renewals with customer either directly or with producer/consultant involvement to drive retention, persistency and profitability goals. Strategically position UCD in RFP responses to win renewal business. Negotiate contracts with customers (ASO, BAA, TPA, etc.). Perform finalist presentations for existing customer. Perform finalist presentations for new business customers with sales executive. Continue to educate customers and producers/consultants on UCD products (including policies and regulatory impacts), capabilities, networks, and overall value.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management or related field
- 6 years of progressive related experience in lieu of a Bachelors degree
- Master's Degree in Business Administration/Management or related field
- 0 - 3 years of proven experience in Account Management, Sales, Marketing, Client Facing Position
- 0 - 3 years in the Insurance Industry
- 0 - 3 years in Employee Benefits
- 0 - 3 years in MS Office Products or SalsForce
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region or obtained within 90 days from hire date
- Valid driver's license
- Proven ability to develop strong customer/client relationships to influence people and affect change
- Negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to teach new insights and perspectives to customers, producers, consultants & partners
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop and execute business plans to meet goals
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to resolve customer issues, maintaining customer satisfaction while ensuring alignment with company objectives
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, results oriented and ability to learn quickly
Language (Other than English)
25% - 35%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org