Information Security and Risk Management is Highmark’s cybersecurity department which, in part, builds cybersecurity awareness for all employees to protect customer data. This position is responsible for leading the security awareness program for the Highmark Enterprise, including AHN, Highmark Inc. and Highmark Health Solutions. This manager will lead two Highmark employees, consulting with clients to improve Highmark’s TBD Cybersecurity Behavior Index. Other measures of success will include:
- Lowering phishing failure rate
- Driving password management software usage
- Executing executive protection program
- Integrating vulnerability management best practices in application development
Additionally, this job provides information security and risk management services for the organization. Works with peers within security, HM Health Solutions customers and application teams to ensure alignment with current and future security needs. Manages activities of various Information Security personnel. Makes decisions on personnel actions (promotions, hiring, terminations, etc.). Develops talent, addresses resource management, cultivates capabilities of staff, planning and coordination of work, and managing performance. Responsible for the oversight of security technology products for network, systems, and data. Controls expenses within the operating unit and is responsible for meeting budget goals. Actively contributes to the Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) strategic planning process by working with the Directors to develop and implement department strategic plans and action steps that support the corporate strategic objectives. Actively involved in the coordination, implementation, problem solving, communication, and training of new technologies and processes, as they are developed and moved into the environment. Develops and presents Information Security awareness and training programs.
- Develops strong client relationships to deliver cybersecurity awareness programs across the Highmark enterprise
- Identifies remediation strategies to lower cybersecurity risk for target clients, including training solutions, communications and enterprise “campaigns” for targeted user communities
- Leads/ coaches team to effectively identify and deliver cybersecurity services to internal Highmark clients
- Oversees the creation of executive level presentations, reviewing for quality and accuracy
- Applies fundamental change management principles to effectively consult with clients
- Interacts with senior leadership to deliver world class cybersecurity awareness programs
- Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions; coaching and development; rewards and recognition; performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provides oversight of all aspects of project management to ensure continuous improvement of processes: negotiates and collaborates with leadership and staff to develop security solutions and options; develops and adheres to internal standards and strategies; ensures adherence to approved methodologies; coordinates resources, time, contingency plans and risk management.
- Provides Leadership to the department: leads and champions organizational change; encourages participation in activities that support relationship development; champions information security innovation; encourages and enforces proper training in regards to security issues.
- Assures compliance to Corporate and Information Security policies, standards and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization: facilitates meetings; plans, designs and provides presentations; represents HM Health Solutions with outside entities; prepares divisional procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; spreads awareness of new and existing security threats; provides oversight regarding metrics, funding, budgets and resources.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree - Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years' experience in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- 1-3 years’ experience mentoring others
- 1-3 years’ experience in developing, communicating and presenting concepts to varying audiences
- 1-3 years’ experience participating in developing strategic plans to realize business objectives
- 4-7 years of experience in learning development, communications, organization effectiveness, change management
- 4-7 years of experience in developing, communicating and presenting Information Security and Risk Management concepts to varying audiences
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology and/or Information Security and/or Information Risk Management
- 1-3 years of experience in developing and executing strategic plans to realize business objectives
- 1-3 years of experience in mentoring others in a leadership role
- 1-3 years of experience in staff management
- Experience establishing budgets and meeting fiduciary goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- Change management methodologies
- Ability to motivate high performance, multi-discipline teams
- Demonstrated competency in project execution
- Demonstrated abilities in relationship management
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Referral Payout Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org