Job ID: J117585
Company: HM Health Solutions Inc.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
The Instructional Designer analyzes, designs, develops and evaluates complex learning solutions to support business and performance objectives. Conducts complex detailed job and task analysis, identifying skill gaps based on learning objectives which are aligned to the business and performance objectives. Analyzes and selects the most appropriate strategy, methodologies and technologies to maximize the learning experience and impact.
This position applies instructional design techniques to build the conceptual detailed design plans for complex learning initiatives with responsibility for the overall design integrity and development of the learning solution. The position gathers data to answer specific questions regarding the value or impact of learning and performance solutions; focuses on the impact of learning solutions and creates overall measures of system effectiveness leverages findings to increase effectiveness and provide recommendations for change.
Design and develop learning solutions:
• Design a variety of instructional materials for traditional instructor-led courses, online programs, web-based learning aids or products, and other programs as needed to achieve desired learning objectives.
• Develop materials for courses based on information provided by subject matter experts and instructors to create the best coursework possible.
• Create realistic objectives for learning or performance for students and instructors.
• Redesign courses for online presentation that are conducive to distance learning programs.
• Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology or instructional methods, to better adhere to delivery options for the course.
• Analyze courses to ensure they meet or exceed institutional standards, and provide reports for accreditation reviews.
• Remain aware of all emerging instructional technologies and make recommendations about when to adopt certain systems to continue to offer the best learning experience possible.
• Collaborate and partner with the Technical Writers and Process Engineers to ensure Desk Level Procedures and Business Process Flows are aligned with curricula and training materials.
Conduct evaluation of learning solutions
• Evaluate new instructional strategies, methods, technologies and tools related to instructional design, development and delivery
• Measure results of learning solution to ensure solution met learning objectives and performance goals
Communicate effectively - This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
• Lead, influence or negotiate others to achieve desired work results; utilize excellent client interaction and advisory skills
• Work effectively with others to achieve common goals and exercises effective interpersonal influence
• Facilitate process and project meetings and influence at various levels in the organization
• Conduct or Facilitate Technical Training Delivery
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree with major course work Instructional Design or Training & Development
• Experience in instructional design, training methodologies, delivery, and training technology
• Master’s Degree with major course work Instructional Design or Training & Development
• ASTD or other certifications in needs analysis, instructional design, performance consulting, measurement and evaluation
• Six (8) or more years experience in instructional design, training methodologies, training technology
• Three (3) or more years experience in training delivery
• Two (2) or more years experience in project management
• Technical Writing experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Articulate Storyline and/or Presenter
up to 80% travel
Referral Level Payout 4
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org