The Manager, Digital Product Innovation & Development is a forward-thinking strategist with deep technical knowledge and a data-driven mindset. They are responsible for leading a transformation in the way business and IT work together to innovate in a digital healthcare landscape, managing a team of business analysts, developers, QA analysts in the development of new digital products, services or processes. In conjunction with business stakeholders, digital strategists, customer experience experts, and technologists, this person will co-create and deliver a digital product roadmap to differentiate our brand experiences.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Digital Product Roadmap: In partnership with Digital Strategy leadership team, establish and drive the technical execution of the digital product experience for Highmark Health Plan and Allegheny Health Network, inspiring digital scrum teams to find innovative ways to deliver digital products that leapfrog our competition and make it easy for our patients, members, employers, and brokers to engage with our brands through a variety of digital channels, including mobile, app, web, touchscreen, voice solutions, and more.
- Emerging Technology: Investigate and recommend how to leverage, pilot, and scale the newest advances in digital technologies, including AI, Machine Learning, Augmented and Virtual Reality, IOT, Blockchain and future technologies to come, determining their applicability to the digital product roadmap and partnering with a cross-functional team of user experience experts, application developers, architects, and security and privacy resources to implement the technologies that are most appropriate for meeting business objectives. Build relationships with external partners who can assist in delivering these future technologies to our customers, managing RFPs, partnership agreements, joint development arrangements, delivery, and ongoing support and maintenance when appropriate.
- Delivery Methodology & Process: Create, evolve, and scale a new method of delivering digital solutions, adopting a lean, fail fast delivery methodology based on Agile principles. As a change agent, you will be responsible for standing up and proving this model of development, influencing peers, leaders, and team members across the IT and business organizations to align, adapt to, and use these new methodologies. This process should be rooted in best practices for continuous improvement and innovation, constantly evolving to meet future business and delivery needs.
- Digital Delivery: Work closely with scrum team members, both direct and indirect reports, to engage, motivate, and lead the team towards successful product delivery, including requirements gathering, back-end and front-end development, user experience design, QA and UAT, and deployment. Ensure compliance with corporate standards, policies and regulations (SOX, SSP, DIACAP, PHPLC, etc.).
- Digital Product Maintenance and Productization: Manage the ongoing support of the products within the Highmark health plan or Allegheny Health Network footprint. Develop framework for analyzing product performance and work with HM Health Solutions leadership to position products for launch as part of the core HM Health Solutions platform when appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer and Information Science or Information Technology
- Six (6) years of relevant experience in lieu of a four year degree
- 5 - 7 years of Leadership experience
- 5 - 7 years of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) experience
- 5 - 7 years of cross-functional project team lead experience
- 5 - 7 years of internet/web development experience
- Agile Methodology
- Building and leading teams
- Communication skills
- Strategic planning
Referral Payout Level: 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org