Provides primary health care and performs selective medical services under the direction of physicians.
- Provides appropriate patient care to include recording patient medical history and physical assessment, developing therapeutic care plan, ordering lab and diagnostic tests, interpreting test results, discharge planning and providing accurate medical record documentation. Establishes presumptive diagnosis as defined in the written agreement between the PA-C and the supervising physician(s). (30%)
- Communicates and coordinates patient care with patient, family, community health services and interdisciplinary team. Involves attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the PA-C knowledge base or scope of practice. (15%)
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care and coordinates periodic evaluation by physicians as defined in the written agreement between the PA-C and the supervising physician(s). (15%)
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs as defined in the written agreement between the PA-C and the supervising physician(s). (10%)
- Educates patients and family members regarding health and illness prevention, medication and treatment instructions, and recommends community resources as needed. Serves as clinical expert and acts as a clinical resource. (10%)
- Triages patient telephone calls, provides monitoring and continuity of care. (10%)
- Participates in, develops, and implements performance and/or quality improvement initiatives. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. (10%)
- May perform other duties such as daily rounding of patients, manage outpatient concerns and any other duty specific to specialty.
- May perform interventional radiology and fluoroscopic procedures under the direct supervision of an attending radiologist.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current PA Physician Assistant License or board eligible. PA-C required or board eligible. License and certification required within 90 days of employment.
- CPR and ACLS certification.
- 0-1-year experience in interventional radiology.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org