This job, within area of expertise (application, solution, information, technology, business), designs, develops, implements, supports, and optimizes architecture strategy from a leadership position to meet the most complex business capabilities and needs. Ensures completeness of the most complex architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders from a leadership position. Ensures integrity of the most complex architecture by connecting various views of stakeholders, reconciling conflicting concerns, and showing the trade-offs made in so doing. Considers practicality and fitness for purpose in determining architecture to develop. Within area of expertise, leverages business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations and systems. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices. May take on role of Project Lead for special assignments. Mentors less experienced team members.
- Lead to provide strategic consultation to business customers in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements. Facilitate development of the most complex enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques. Lead and participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
- Specify and design large or the most complex systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes. Select appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. Lead reviews of others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. Establish policy for selection of architecture components. Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on the most complex major design options. Ensure that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Use appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of the most complex architectures. Produce detailed component requirements, specifications and translates these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation using selected products. Provide advice on technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes. Ensure that relevant technical and business strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Select and use tools and methods to establish, clarify, and communicate the functional and non-functional requirements of system users, their characteristics, and tasks. Identify the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which the most complex products or systems will operate. Identify, propose, initiate, and lead significant improvement programs, taking responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the realization of measurable business benefits. Modify existing process improvement approaches and/or develop new approaches to achieving improvement.
- Lead the resolution of a variety of architecture and business problems and serve as a technical or business lead for highly complex project initiatives.
- Communicate effectively will all levels of organization
- Manage expectations of customers, partners and management
- Participate in customer walkthroughs and plans; design and technical walkthroughs; and problem resolution and decision making
- Interact with departments across the organization as necessary, including the development and interpretation of highly complex requirements for peers and other staff.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific technical aspects in area of expertise and provides expert advice regarding their application. The area of specific expertise may be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, process, product, or application area.
- Provide leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to their peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training by:
- Prepare presentations on complex issues on the area of expertise.
- Present to their peers to ensure consistency to Highmark's strategic direction.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in architecture
- Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check
- Master's Degree
- Health insurance industry business knowledge
- Industry certifications such as Java Developer, DB2, Cognos, PEGA, Enterprise Architect(SCEA), Project Management
Referral Bonus; Level 3
An Architect is not required to have experience in all of these, but is required to have those needed to support applications they are responsible for supporting. Current skill sets are reviewed every other year, new skills may be required to meet changing business needs.
- Oracle and Teradata Databases
- Data Warehousing
- Project Management Tools: Waterfall and/or Agile
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org