This job is the Executive leadership for Highmark Health Enterprise Analytics functions associated with advanced analytics and distribution of descriptive analytic tools across all Highmark Health organization. The incumbent's primary duties include responsibility for Highmark Health Data Science efforts, coordination of routine analytic needs across the Strategy and Transformation Office (STO), leadership responsibility for coordination of analytic efforts across the enterprise and leading the development and implementation of a BI solution for Highmark Health organizations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Lead Data Science efforts for Enterprise Analytics. This includes prioritization and oversight of projects conducted by Data Scientists, connect with Executive Customers to maintain relationships regarding current and upcoming work efforts. Responsible for the audit process associated with Data Science work, including building in peer review. Management of Data Scientists is similar to management of managers so coordinating a group of individuals independently conducting their work is key.
- Lead the Enterprise Business Intelligence team, responsible for the creation and execution of the enterprise strategy to establish a BI platform for Highmark Health. This responsibility includes leading the creation of a structure that is necessary to support BI functionality, create base reporting capability to engage multiple areas in self-service descriptive analytics, and ensure the adoption of BI across the enterprise. Coordinate BI needs with the Enterprise Analytic Data Platform.
- Provide leadership and guidance for STO descriptive analytic efforts conducted by distributed analytic teams. These teams do not have direct reporting relationship, however guidance through experience and influence is necessary to help steer analytic efforts conducted throughout STO in support of the Chief Strategy Officers initiatives. This will include participating in planning sessions with STO leadership when analytic needs are part of the effort.
- Assist in coordination and being a liaison across analytic teams throughout Highmark Health and all of its' affiliated organizations. This will include coordination of Data Science efforts, participation in governance meetings and involve pulling together work groups or councils as appropriate to share analytics across all entities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Statistics
- 15 years in the Healthcare Industry
- 10 - 15 years in Management
- 5 - 7 years in Business Intelligence
- 5 - 7 years in Data Analytics
- 3 - 5 years in Predictive Modeling
- 3 - 5 years in Data Warehousing
- 3 - 5 years in Data Modeling
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning/Thinking
- Analytical Skills
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org