The Senior Decision Support Analyst will act as a thought partner with analytics colleagues and stakeholders in the selection of data modeling techniques, as well as establish operating practices to ensure high quality and efficient extraction and transformation of data. Will communicate data science features and outcomes to internal and external stakeholders in order to identify business needs and uncover areas in need of deeper data exploration. The incumbent will work with users and internal teams to help make the connection between our data science and analytics outcomes to real-world tangible impact and insight. The Senior Decision Support Analyst will also help in building Ad hoc financial and other quantitative analysis and models, and will work with analysts to determine data processing requirements, contribute to and develop ETL/ELT solutions and code and script (Microsoft SQL Server, Alteryx, etc.) for automating data transformation
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Uses broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Takes the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Takes the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develops and maintains moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- A four-year bachelor's in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, ,Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or related field.
- 5 years of relevant, progressive experience as a Decision Support Analyst or equivalent training and experience in a business or clinical environment with direct responsibility for applying technology
- Programming experience with R, Python, SAS or related platform
- Familiarity with one of the following Advanced Analytics tools (SQL, Alteryx, Tableau)
- Familiarity with operations research methodologies.
- Some experience or demonstrable knowledge in Big Data / Machine Learning / Data Science
- Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of users and colleagues, at all levels
- Familiarity with dynamic data sets, Customer Lifecycle Management models, data lakes, cost, pricing and workforce analytics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data, pulling in relevant team members to address identified – and sometimes undiscovered – user needs
- Knowledge of industry trends, development and availability of new technologies and tools
Referral Award Level: 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org