The Manager, Nursing Quality and Patient Experience reports to the Director, Nursing Professional Practice and Education at the specific facility served. This position is responsible for supporting the hospital’s nursing organization in the areas of professional practice, compliance, quality and safety, and patient experience.
Responsibility includes collaborating in the creation, implementation, and on-going evaluation of the facility-specific nursing organization strategy to improve the patient experience, outcomes, nursing sensitive indicators, quality improvement efforts, outcomes and performance improvement methodology.
- Primary responsibility for leading, controlling, planning, organizing and evaluating timely, effective and efficient delivery of quality outcomes ensuring the delivery of the highest standards or care to patients, families, staff and visitors.
- Coordinates and aligns efforts related to network level quality strategy and plans. Organizes multidisciplinary activities within the nursing department to ensure the goals of the quality plan are achieved from AHN Quality, Safety, and Value and Executive Nursing.
- Collaborates and aligns efforts with the AHN Nursing quality department and hospital operational excellence initiatives.
- Strives to achieve the highest standards of the established nurse driven quality outcome indicators using Lean Methodology & QSV initiatives, and multiple resources available within the AHN network.
- Role models the professional behaviors outlined in the AHN Core Behaviors within the facility as it relates to creating a culture of transparency and safety.
- Creates a culture of collaboration between the enterprise nursing organization and clinical service lines across the network through relationship building and proactive initiative work.
- Responsible for creating common clinical nursing practice policies across the nursing enterprise.
- Communicates regularly with AHN CNE, Chief Nursing Officers and Directors of Nursing Education and Professional Practice on project timelines and outcomes, risks and rewards, and project design adjustments to ensure positive outcomes.
- Demonstrates significant understanding and demonstrated knowledge of quality management programs in healthcare, concepts and comprehensive knowledge of performance improvement programs including LEAN, statistics, data collection, and data presentation.
- Promotes the use of Lean methodology in collaboration with Nursing Quality LEAN Coaches to educate on data that leads to nursing actions on improved processes and outcomes. We have data bases like Tableau and others and the team’s data is filled with integrity. I would take this out.
- Responsible for the most effective use of materials, personnel and resources to produce positive outcomes in patient care.
- Participate in departmental, agency or hospital risk, safety, quality, and committee meetings. Collaborate and communicate with other managers to ensure that problems are identified, documented and resolved.
- Works collaboratively with nursing leadership, unit staff and nursing Quality LEAN Coaches to achieve action orientated, outcomes focused Professional Practice Model Unit-based Council focusing on key quality indicators to drive successful outcome measures identified on the unit specific dashboards.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Master’s degree in business or healthcare related field
- A current and valid PA RN license
- Five years demonstrated healthcare leadership/management experience
- Working knowledge of clinical service line management and improvement
- Experience impacting the nurse driven quality indicators with achievement of successful patient focused outcomes, in terms of leading task forces, committees’ or councils to impact nursing sensitive quality indicators
- Nursing expertise and demonstrated Lean knowledge
- Ability to navigate within a complex environment in which competing projects and priorities must be rationalized
- Certification as CPHQ
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org