This job is responsible for inspiring and influencing the creative direction of the enterprise. The incumbent will drive the creative output of the creative design studio by overseeing the creative team and processes; the conceptualization, presentation and execution of client branding and marketing communications campaigns; the creative quality of client projects, and the operational readiness of the creative team. The incumbent is responsible for building a culture and team that fulfills our brand promise to our clients which is a partnership with a first rate design team who inspires the creative direction of the enterprise, possesses deep business knowledge and focuses on the business needs. The incumbent will also apply leading edge design principles to meet customers' needs, deliver top-rate customer services and deliver operational efficiencies and high quality work product.
- Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Inspires the creative direction of the enterprise. Acts as a strong contributor to the strategic and creative development of the enterprise/business unit marketing and branding efforts. Collaborates and contributes to the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the business leadership team.
- Strong business knowledge. Delivers strategic communication solutions that help our clients attain their marketing and communications objectives. Listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales.
- Focused on business needs. Understands the businesses strategic goals and brands; regularly analyzes the creative team, environment, processes, technologies, etc., to determine areas needing improvement; and builds and directs a creative function aligned with and supportive of those goals.
- Delivers top-rate customer service. Sets expectations and standards (builds a culture) for creative team attitude, behavior, teamwork, continuous improvement and professional development. Assures that timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and the business partner team and clients. Leads accordingly.
- Mentors and creatively inspires staff. Studies the creative marketplace, assessing where the creative design studio work stands against competitors’, as well as our clients’ competitors’ creative work. Drives constant improvement in the studio's creative quality and capabilities. Stays abreast of trends in graphic design techniques and technologies.
- Delivers operational efficiencies and high quality work product. Works closely with the communications services business partners to establish strong relationships with business units and streamlines project intake. Through this collaboration, assures that deliverables are on time, professional, engaging, persuasive and supported by a sound rationale.
- Instills compliance. Supports the corporate brand compliance program by ensuring brand compliance inquiries from internal and external sources are resolved in a timely manner, working with the legal department to conduct a biennial brand audit required by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, and overseeing the development, maintenance, and distribution of corporate brands (logos, brand guidelines).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree – Graphic Design, Visual Communications or related field of study
- 6 years' equivalent experience in area of specialty in lieu of Bachelor degree
- 5-7 years' of combined experience in an agency or corporate graphic department as a senior graphic designer/team lead with including:
- 2 of these years' as a hands-on graphic design/art direction, working directly with a Senior graphic designer / art director or Creative Director, delegating assignments to team, developing and mentoring creative team, create and manage visual branding guidelines and design standards coordinating the appearance of all print and electronic materials such as print, digital and other collateral needs • overseeing the production of single and multi-faceted projects from concept through completion
- 4 of these years' as a senior graphic designer/senior art director / team lead in an agency or corporate graphic department evaluating high-level communication needs and presenting contemporary creative solutions for a variety of media • must display creativity, dynamic and forward thinking, individual needs to demonstrate excellent people skills and a strong work ethic • demonstrated ability to effectively work under tight deadlines • strong project management skills • detail oriented • demonstrates effective oral, written and visual communication skills • demonstrates ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously • in depth understanding of the terminology and processes associated with print and internet production • support Creative Director as requested
- 10 years' of combined experience executing and managing graphic projects in an agency or corporate graphic department working directly with a wide variety professional
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superior leadership and collaboration skills
- Superior problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellence in managing and motivating staff
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; Demonstrated talent for high-caliber creative conception. Ability to judge creative concepts and copy, and clearly communicate creative direction to others
- Thorough understanding of clients and their business/industry
- Excellent presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of art direction
- Excellent planning, time-management and follow-through skills
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org