This job delivers highly complex training courses and workshops in support of workforce development, technology and/or proprietary business systems, updates or create course materials to reflect changes in processes or systems and manages the classroom effectively to ensure learning.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Train new hire classes (could be as long as 6-12 weeks in duration).
- Deliver training on variety of topics (business processes, systems, orientation, boot camps) to all levels of staff.
- Conduct workshops.
- Provide feedback to learners on progress in class.
- Provide regular feedback/status reports to participant’s management.
- Mentor and coach to bridge performance gaps (a new hire on application of the processes).
- Deliver train the trainer sessions and coach less experienced trainers.
- Prepare for and delivers training to target audience from an existing lesson plan.
- Use adult learning techniques, training tools and terminology appropriate to the learner and topic.
- Adapt presentation style to meet the learner needs.
- Practice good classroom management techniques to handle a variety of classroom situations.
- Anticipate addresses and fields questions.
- Provide both positive and constructive feedback to learners.
- Present training content via classroom, virtual or webinar.
- Modify/update existing training materials.
- Responsible for ensuring all training materials are updated on a timely basis and scrubbed of PHI.
- Ensure that course is presented using the most current, up-to-date format and content.
- Understand the basic component of developing a training solution.
- Use sound adult learning techniques and approved templates. Materials include, but are not limited to, manuals, job aids, visual aids, wall charts and Powerpoint presentations.
- Support or Lead training related projects.
- Create training assessment surveys.
- Trend evaluation results.
- Gather and summarize subject matter research.
- Create reports and status.
- Contribute to SOWs and contracts.
- Act as SME in helping to design learning interventions.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 3-5 years experience in Education, Training, or business-related specialty
- Bachelors degree in Education or Training
- Clinical experience
- Nursing background
- Good at building and maintaining interpersonal relationships, managing conflict, solving problems, and handling multiple assignments
- Conceptual knowledge of skills directly related to training, such as: adult learning concepts and training delivery techniques
- Basic decision making skills
Referral Level: 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org