This job leads the Payroll Processing and Time/Attendance workforce through the day to day activities of their work. This role works with various value streams to ensure that the Payroll Operations Playbook is followed resulting in accurate pay. Developing and managing controls to ensure regulatory compliance with various government contracts,Federal, State and Local agencies and to ensure consistency and compliance with Corporation’s overall payroll policies. Directing the efforts required to assure the timely and accurate calculation, preparation and submission of payroll-related tax forms, tax payments, tax reporting and W-2 form generation for Highmark, subsidiaries and affiliates. The position reports to the Director, Enterprise Payroll and works closely with the Payroll Administrator and Payroll Service Delivery Specialist.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct, and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Responsible for managing the end to end Enterprise Payroll Processing and Time / Attendance activities on a day to day basis. This includes but is not limited to coordinating and managing enhancement design and maintenance activities.
- Manage and work the following key activities; Timekeeping activities, PTO/Leave, Termination Processing, Assign Pay Groups, W4, W2 Processing, Manage One-Time Payments, Manage Garnishments, Election Verification, and other routine payroll processing key activities.
- Work with the team to resolve all pay and time/attendance issues and fully adhere to the Enterprise Payroll Playbook to ensure all pay processing is completed accurately and timely. Manage the off cycle pay process and any required retro pay processes.
- Develop, manage and continuously improve the procedures and controls required to ensure regulatory compliance and the timely and efficient processing and distribution across all pay cycles. This includes working closely with our Finance Function and fulfilling routine / required reporting and audits.
- Direct the efforts required to ensure the timely and accurate calculation, preparation and submission of payroll-related tax forms, tax payments, tax reporting and W-2 generation and reporting for Highmark and approximately 15 subsidiaries.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Human Resources
- 7 years of payroll processing in a multi-state environment
- 5 years of experience with timekeeping systems such as Workday or Kronos
- Experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience processing union pay
- Workday pay and timekeeping, or Kronos
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with processing pay within a Hospital environment
- Independent and creative thinker and problem solving
- Ability to develop strategy and recommend creative, cost effective solutions to corporate and business units
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Principles and ability to manage complex reconciliations
- Strong knowledge of various IRS, Social Security Administration, State and Local tax regulations on compensation and deductions as well as tax depositing, taxt return and W-2 filing regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of Federal and State garnishment-related laws and regulations, DOL regulations, FLSA, and Federal and State Wage and Hour Laws
- Proven leadership skills - ability to motivate others to quickly achieve results in a matrixed environment
- self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
- Effectively presents complex topics in a concise manner to audiences at various levels and in various sizes
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS, AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org