This job manages the Health Systems Center of Excellence (COE) for Highmark Health Plan. The incumbent works with leaders across the organization from Highmark Health Plan and Highmark Health Solutions (HMHS) to drive efficiency and effectiveness throughout all IT projects impacting the Health Plan and its platform. Manages COE team to ensure projects are delivered within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Champion interaction and governance improvement efforts between the Health Plan and HMHS. Drive cross functional meetings and instill a “Trust Working Together” culture in both departments.
- Work with cross functional teams across Highmark to identify recurring issues, inefficient processes, etc. that are impacting the teams’ ability to deliver the right product, at the right time, for the right price, for example: misunderstanding/ miscommunication of business requirements, delayed escalations of issues, etc.
- Collaborate with Health Plan leadership and HMHS leadership to prioritize projects and set expectations, including defining project risk profile, ROI, and timeframe.
- Develop and scope projects to be deployed by COE team members to address recurring issues and secure buy-in from project sponsors. Collaborate with Health Plan and HMHS partners across the organization to ensure correct scope has been communicated and the correct solution has been created.
- Validate and approve the measureable performance targets set by COE Team members to ensure correlation with the desired outcomes of projects. Create and monitor metrics that drive joint accountability between Health Plan and HMHS.
- Manage the performance of COE projects by actively monitoring the progress of COE team members, and supporting in solving problems encountered by COE team members. Manage the governance forums and cadence for project check-ins and status reports. Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators and overall project success.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 years in the Health Insurance Industry
- 5 - 7 years in Management
- 1 - 3 years in Consulting
- 5 - 7 years in Program Management or Cross-Functional Team Projects
- Prior and extensive experience with SDLC
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Program Management
- Healthcare Industry
- Influence and Persuasion
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Strategic Thinking
- Operational Excellence
- Communication Skills
- Financial Analysis
- Systems Analysis
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org