Job ID: J121429
Company: HM Health Solutions Inc.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Apr 25, 2018
Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check.
Provide technology administration in support of the enterprise wide use of the technology.
1. Advise teams in the planning, designing and utilization of the technology. Consult with project teams on the best use of the technology.
2. Answer technical queries and provide support to project teams and end users. Mentor and train end users in the use of the technology.
3. Provide continuous monitoring of the technology to proactively identify and resolve issues. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting service levels.
4. Perform backups and recoveries for the supported technology product. Apply updates, patches, and configuration changes.
5. Administer security permissions. Assure compliance to required Corporate standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
6. Develop the architecture, frameworks, common components, and best practices for the technology.
7. Document the configuration of the system, system controls, and procedures.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
· 1-3 years of experience in Information Technology
· 1-3 years of experience with command-line Linux, including software application installations, application configuration, security configuration, and shell scripting
· Familiarity with Python, R, and SAS programming
· Available to interact onsite daily with our internal and external partners
· Familiarity with Hadoop
· Licenses or Certifications: Vendor administrator certifications for the relevant Linux distributions and/or analytic tools.
· Work Experience: Health insurance/health care business knowledge
Additional job description
1. Install, configure and maintain Linux and Windows-based analytic tools in keeping with all applicable HMHS standards and regulatory requirements. Such analytic tools include but are not limited to RStudio Server, RStudio Connect, and Alteryx.
2. Establish automated monitoring mechanisms for capacity and availability conditions.
3. Integrate tools into HMHS's LDAP/Active Directory-based authentication mechanisms.
4. Establish automated processes for administration tasks as necessary.
5. Develop subject matter expertise related to the supported tools in order to provide appropriate support to all users of those tools.
6. Develop expertise in R, Python, and SAS, particularly in interfacing them with Hadoop, in order to provide optimal support levels.
7. Participate as assigned with general Hadoop platform initiatives.
8. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve problems impacting tool availability and service levels.
9. Review and mitigate discovered security vulnerabilities on all analytic tools as well as supporting application infrastructure.
10. Establish self-service mechanisms for supported teams where feasible.
11. Contact vendor support when necessary to facilitate problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
12. Provide after-hours and weekend support as required for on call responsibilities, testing, technology upgrades, and other off hour assignments.
13. Participate in establishing and maintaining technical standards, departmental procedures, and other technical documentation as required. Assure compliance to required Corporate standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
14. Participate in the testing and recommendation of additional tools and utilities requested by the Highmark data science community.
15. Assist in identifying, developing, and/or providing technology training to the users in the organization (formal and informal).
16. Participate in staff training opportunities (formal and informal) relative to rules, procedures, and standards for the access and maintenance of shared data resources.
17. Participate as assigned to intra and inter-departmental project initiatives.
18. Maintain contacts with the Highmark data science community as well as the data science field at large, particularly in the Health insurance/Health care industries, to maintain a perspective of current trends and best practices.
19. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org