Responsible for improving West Penn Allegheny Health System/Allegheny Health Network's information system using specialized knowledge and expertise to implement, maintain, monitor and ensure performance of databases. Plans and implements upgrades or installation of new components, if required.
- Create, develop and review the physical model created from the logical model, ensuring that the detailed physical design of data structures and databases complies with standards, guidelines and procedures recommended for all aspects of data modeling, database design and maintenance.
- Create, document and implement technical standards, departmental procedures and other technical documentation as required. Assure compliance to required standards, procedures and guidelines, including audits.
- Provide support for application staff and business areas regarding database implementations, which could include a customized in-house database and/or a third party application package.
- Provide applications support for staff, as well as, outside division to answer questions and resolve problems related to the DBMS technology and computing platforms.
- Establish automated monitor mechanism for space and database availability conditions.
- Establish best practices for database and application high availability through the use of third party technologies and through the exploitation of various database features.
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve problems impacting application and/or database availability and service levels. Contact vendor support when necessary to facilitate application development and client problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
- Develop data import and export routines to automate data loading, generate reports from database as needed and develop back-up recovery procedures and data archive/purge procedures.
- Participate as assigned in the testing and recommendation of tools and utilities to improve the effectiveness of managing and supporting the database environments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering related field
- 2 years experience in Database Administration
- Vendor certification for relevant DBMS
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org