Position will provide coverage for Forbes Hospital and Allegheny Valley Hospital. Travel between sites will be required.
Provides operational and financial oversight of imaging departments for a region (Central/Academic, East, South, and Far North). Plans, directs, administers, monitors and evaluates the delivery of imaging services and is responsible for improving quality, operational efficiency, and productivity while providing cost savings and revenue enhancing services.
- Conducts assessments of department operations to identify opportunities for improvement in the areas of operational, quality, and process improvement, including patient access, care alignment, patient satisfaction, and revenue cycle. Identifies barriers and implements corrective action measures to ensure positive outcomes. (20%)
- Determines, justifies, negotiates and plans for new locations, equipment purchases, and program development across the region. Plans and monitors the opening of new facilities, equipment installations, and oversees proper working order of equipment. (20%)
- Develops, plans, and budgets on a strategic, tactical, and operational level for each location. Prepares capital and operational budgets and ensures that sections/department operates within allocated funds and productivity levels. (15%)
- Manages and monitors key financial and revenue cycle metrics, including staff hours, resource allocation, expense budget, patient volumes, and the revenue cycle process. Works to achieve volume and financial goals at site level, regional level, and network level. (15%)
- Oversees the recruitment, development, and retention of department personnel; provides feedback and conducts staff performance evaluations; determines leadership development plans and ensures overall staff competencies (technical proficiency). (15%)
- Assists in development and implementation of site-specific and network-wide policies / procedures / protocols / operating standards to meet regulatory requirements such as JCAHO, DOH, Medicare, NRC, FDA, and ACR. (10%)
- Proactively ensures appropriate levels of productivity, standardization of study and procedure times and protocols, and maximizes utilization and capacity with a focus on next appointment availability, ED TAT, and inpatient LOS. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in radiologic sciences, healthcare administration, business administration, or related field
- 5 - 7 years progressively responsible experience in imaging
- 3 - 5 years managerial experience with multiple sites and departments
- Registered Technologist (RT) and/or full certification in a medical imaging specialty issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org