Job ID: J123569
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Responsible for the implementation and administration of strategic activities related to client retention, growth, and profitability of existing accounts within the assigned market. May also have responsibility for the acquisition and profitability of new accounts. Responsible for motivating and developing sales personnel to achieve and/or exceed new sales goals or opportunities and directing the activities of new sales to ensure corporate objectives are met as they relate to the market. Responsible for market management (i.e., awareness and management of external distribution channel relationships, competition, media and development of overall market/region strategies). Responsible for developing and monitoring targets to ensure sales staff meet goals and standards.
Employee Referral Payout Level: 2
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for understanding and utilizing economic, financial, market and industry segment data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues and implications for potential strategies and plans. Utilize appropriate financial strategies and systems to achieve financial goals while managing risk to the organization.
2. Responsible for forecasting and achieving annual retention goals and objectives to ensure growth and profitability goals are met or exceeded. Analyze risk and initiate actions that balance risk and profitability to achieve team profitability and client satisfaction. Continuously monitor and maintain knowledge of the market and competition. Develop new potential markets and grow existing business for Highmark
3. Accountable for influencing and building effective relationships with business partners (i.e. customers, peers, and Producers). Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, consultants and brokers. Partner with Distribution Administration to develop and/or strengthen Highmark’s relationships with key distribution channels and partners. Provide input to and execute on Highmark’s distribution strategy.
4. Manage profitability; effective risk and underwriting actions; guide sales of products and services that result in solutions that create value for the client and sustainable profit for Highmark. Implementation and administration of strategic activities related to retaining and growing sales within assigned market, including setting goals for enrollment, profitability, and cross-selling.
5. Serve as a coach for the staff. Provide the leadership necessary to motivate and develop the sales personnel to achieve and/or exceed sales / retention goals and profitability within assigned market. Responsible for continuously raising expectations to achieve goals while upholding organizational values and standards and tracking progress towards goals.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
• State-specific Producer License Life, Accident & Health are required or must be obtained within 45 days of hire
• Bachelor’s Degree; or four (4) years equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of Degree
• Minimum of five (5) years of sales experience in health- or insurance-related field
• Demonstrated financial acumen.
• Master’s Degree
• Leadership & Management experience
• Health Insurance experience in applicable market segment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Talent Management
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Creativity & Innovation
• Drive for Results
• Evaluates Critically
• Planning & Organization
• Problem Solving
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
If yes, indicate the number of direct reports: 2+, varies by market
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required? Yes
Unusual Working Conditions
The position is responsible for availability of off hours and weekends, primarily for entertainment and community/business activities.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org