Job ID: J123802
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Erie, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Responsible for managing a book of business and the business relationship as a strategic consultant for existing accounts directly or through intermediaries. Responsible for renewing accounts and selling new products and services to existing accounts to ensure retention and growth of profitable business.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review new products, services, capabilities, and technologies with the client in order to sell assigned product lines, renewals and add-on sales to ensure retention, profitability and growth of existing business.
2. Manage relationships at senior levels with clients, consultants and brokers/producers by creating valued business partnerships, demonstrating business acumen and cultivating an active network.
3. Develop appropriate sales solutions giving consideration to increased competition and the changing political environment. Develop, implement and execute business plans and metrics for retaining and growing membership while enhancing profitability and cross-selling.
4. Conduct routine service calls and function as the primary Group contact for strategic planning and consultation. Support customers during the implementation of sales contracts and throughout the relationship by advocating for escalated services issues in a timely and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
5. Complete and maintain sales projections, finalize rates and benefit adjustments and prepare reports and documents for renewal and sales presentations.
6. Participate in product development and prepare business programs (i.e. territory specific action plans and strategy for closing sales) and long term strategy for specific account needs. Lead internal partners (Clinical, Analytics, etc.) in delivering client strategy.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or GED
- State specific Producer License’s for Life, Accident & Health are required or must be obtained within 45 days of hire
-3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to speak publicly and extemporaneously on a variety of subjects
• Presentation, communication and negotiation skills
• Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Creativity and Innovation
• Persistence & Resilience
• Problem Solving
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org