This job manages the systems and processes that support the human resources function. The incumbent oversees the design, development, implementation, support, and enhancement of progressive HR processes and systems which are integral to the department and enterprise strategy.
1. Process Management & Governance
- Project & Portfolio Management - Define and implement project management processes and methodologies for HR systems that ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet the customers’ expectations. Collaborate and negotiate with internal customers and external partners to manage project priorities, expectations and outcomes.
- Data Governance - Accountable for HR master data integrity including the use and dissemination of employee information, data privacy, data quality, data records retention, and data extracts and feeds for compliance / regulatory reporting
- Compliance – Privacy & Security – adhere to all established data privacy (PII) and data security standards and procedures. Participate in compliance audits as required to ensure proper access and procedures are maintained regarding employment-related data and artifacts.
- New Business - Support M&A activities, including data management alignment, planning, interfaces and integration strategies.
2. Innovation & Continuous Improvement
- Lead innovation efforts to address process improvements within the HR functions. Coach and develop team members on continuous improvement methodologies and practices.
- Define and develop appropriate measurement systems and processes to demonstrate improvement within the HR systems team as well as across all continuous improvement projects within the HR area.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of market trends, industry-leading techniques and tools that support innovation and improvements within the HR and technology disciplines.
3. Service Delivery
- Define and deliver proactive approaches using HR systems to solve business needs/problems and enhance the understanding and acceptance of HR systems capabilities.
- Negotiate and communicate Service Level Agreements with internal customers and external partners to ensure our business needs are appropriately met within expected timeframes and within budget.
- Ensure production issues are resolved within established SLAs and are solved to root cause to avoid future occurrences.
- Contribute to and manage the timely delivery of quality solutions to the HR internal customer teams.
- Proactively manage external partners to ensure services delivered meet or exceed defined SLAs. Aggressively drive the team towards improvement opportunities that deliver a meaningful improvement to the business customer.
4. Coaching and Development of Team
- Ensure that each employee has defined clear, stretch goals that align to the department and enterprise goals. Provide frequent feedback on performance related to goals and competencies. Recognize accomplishments and reward for great performance.
- Provide opportunities for growth and development to the team that extend the team’s current skill set.
- Hold employees accountable for managing their goal plan to ensure outcomes are realized within the expected timeframes. Ensure all employees create and maintain an aggressive individual development plan. Define and develop an appropriate succession plan for key roles within the team.
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 10 years of extensive and demonstrated progressive experience in Human Capital Management systems, including implementation and management within a large, multi-faceted organization
- 5-7 years of technology implementation and support experience, specifically in the areas of human resources.
- 5-7 years of progressive and successfully leading and managing large scale teams of analysts, project managers and developers
- Knowledge of enterprise HRIS systems and technology landscape to effectively develop strategy and roadmap for HRIS
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred
- Experience within the PeopleSoft HCM module is preferred
- Prefer experience with a mid/large market technology consulting firm
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects including prioritization, capacity planning and project/program governance (systems development life-cycle)
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret the most complex business problems and documents
- Ability to manage internal and external service providers to collaborate on end to end technology solutions
- Ability to interact with executive audiences to develop business cases and requirements for technology solutions
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org