Impact Players Wanted!
How excited would you be to work for a company that gives you the opportunity to make a big impact on its business success?
Gateway Health is looking for an impact player who knows to take data and turn it into information by synthesizing it - adding context, relevance and purpose. When solid, insightful information is available to business leaders, they can react quickly to changing needs and demands in the marketplace. In the healthcare and health services industries, this can result in serving our member population better, establishing better relationships with our providers, and improving patient outcomes.
This Lead Decision Support Analyst position is a key role within Gateway Health’s Business Intelligence and Analytics team. This is a tool independent position for a strong Data Analyst with a strong knowledge of the Health Care services industry. You will work closely with a team of Decision Support Analysts to deliver information that can be used to achieve our corporate goal of delivering the best experiences, outcomes, and solutions for our customers.
You will have access to many great technology tools. Our employees are both encouraged and given the opportunity to learn new skills to help them grow and achieve even bigger goals in their careers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Uses broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Takes the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Takes the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develops and maintains moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- A four-year bachelor's in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, ,Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or related field.
- 7+ years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization.
- Master's Degree in Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related field
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency as a Decision Support Analyst or equivalent training and experience in a business or clinical environment with direct responsibility for applying technology.
- Knowledge of the Health Care or Health Care Insurance industries is important.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical skills in the mainframe, PC and Internet-based technologies to be effective and must be comfortable and proficient using large and complex databases.
- Strong skills using various third-party office and report generation products such as Microsoft Office, Business Objects, Cognos, and Enterprise Guide.
- Strong communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations to senior management.
Referral Award Level: Level 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org