Directs operational activities for a network of physician practices. Serves as coordinator of practice
needs/services and addresses concerns/problems of each practice through resolution. Provides operational leadership and direction to practices focusing on positively influencing successful individual practice and network operations. Identifies, plans, organizes, communicates, implements and measures activities and strategies that promote network integration and growth, clinical excellence, patient satisfaction, fiscal prudence, effective communication, optimal clinical productivity and system success.
- Functions as the business leader for assigned physician practices. Directs and has operational responsibility for the management of practices, including financial performance, referral management, patient satisfaction, human resources, revenue cycle, growth and marketing, clinical quality, ancillary services, information technology, facilities and purchasing. Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory standards. (50%)
- Maintains and enhances physician and affiliated hospital relationships to ensure achievement of system, network and practice goals and objectives. (10%)
- Prepares, reviews and monitors revenue and expense budgets and budget variances. Communicates with practices regarding variances on a proactive basis and develops plan to address. Tracks initiatives and monitors effectiveness. Monitors physician performance and productivity. (20%)
- Directs and supports managers in facilitating, coordinating, and resolving employee relations matters in accordance with Human Resources policies and procedures. Supports, directs and coordinates physician onboarding efforts and payroll. Recruits, retains, develops, disciplines, evaluates and trains staff as appropriate. Nurtures a culture of teamwork. (10%)
- Coordinates with revenue cycle staff to ensure accurate and timely processing of information to maximize practice revenue collection. Identifies opportunities for reimbursement and revenue maximization, and plans and implements strategies for improvement. (5%)
- Directs special projects as assigned in support of general network operations including, but not limited to, practice acquisition or divestiture activities. Manages and optimizes P&L performance associated with assigned projects and initiatives. (5%).
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business administration or related field.
- 7-10 years’ practice management experience and/or related practice management consulting/operations experience.
- Must have knowledge of financial and budget management, managed care insurance plans, third party billing/reimbursement and human resources administration. Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org