This job manages and coordinates the integrated economic modeling required to support the Enterprise Finance Strategy team. Develops and maintains the integrated economic model, overseeing and completing various integrated economic scenario analysis, and supporting/leading key business case efforts. The incumbent supports the Director in planning for the entire tool-set utilized by the Integrated Economic Team and advises analysts/consultants on best model practices and approach.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Interact with a wide array of internal and external customers at all levels of the business including finance, actuarial, cost and budgeting, membership and information technology departments to discuss model assumptions, model methodology and financial modeling findings.
- Support the development of and maintenance of Integrated economic model for the Combined enterprise entity and communicate results of strategic impact analyses to Senior Management. The integrated economic model involves coordinating the completion of the strategic scenarios, analyzing the results, suggesting alternative approaches and presenting them to various levels of management.
- Support the Corporation's strategic planning efforts through the modeling of financial results to determine the financial targets by business segment that result in Enterprise's achieving the overall corporate objectives. The result of the modeling will be integrated with capital planning efforts which includes working with internal business units, treasury and others to understand the current risk composition of the of the Enterprise portfolio of companies to calculate risk adjusted financial returns under various scenarios.
- Communicate effective outcomes of model results using appropriate toolkit. Support analyst team on best communication strategies to aid them in articulating model outputs to Senior Leadership.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business or Health Administration, Math, Finance, Accounting
- Master's Degree in Economics, Business or Health Administration, Finance, Accounting
- 6 years of experience in financial modeling, scenario analysis and strategic analysis
- 2 years working with actuarial concepts
- 1 year working in an analytical client advisory role
- 1 year of experience presenting model results to executive audiences with varying levels of financial understanding
- 2 years of management experience
- 2 years working in either Payor or Provider setting
- Driver based economic modeling development capabilities
- An understanding of the proposer construct of financial statements form both a GAAP and statutory perspective and the elements of risk-based capital and underwriting activity. The incumbent must have a strong understand of the factors impacting the development of revenue, claim expense, and operating expenses and their inter-relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required to effectively deliver important economic concepts
- Able to process qualitative and/or quantitative data, draw conclusions from it, and communicate findings effectively
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org