This job is a management level function that plans, develops, implements, maintains and administers a variety of enterprise wide analytic programs, including external select data enhancement software (e.g., ACGs) which leverage the SAS platform to deliver information to the organization. The incumbent possesses specialized knowledge in the structure, development, optimization, monitoring/controlling of this platform and passes this information onto team members. Establishes standards, policies and procedures around coding of analytic programs to minimize impact on critical systems and infrastructure. Institute, implement and manage the change and release management processes related to the SAS platform and programs that are scheduled for release to the environments on the SAS platform. Responsible for auditibility of SAS production platform.
- Develop, maintain and optimize the structure and function of the SAS production platform by performing the following: (a) Execute process and performance monitoring and controlling of the platform including manipulation of databases, programs or documentation to support efficiency standards, and (b) Investigate and resolve platform problems; identify root cause and propose improvements to senior leadership through clear communication.
- Plan, develop, implement, maintain and administer the programs executing on the SAS production platform which delivers information to the organization including: (a) Executing production and resource schedule against operational or implementation plan, and (b) Final review of completed production program code to ensure alignment to department policies for performance, structure and compliance.
- Lead effort to evaluate and establish potential new interdepartmental policies, procedures and practices; (a) Prepare written procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; collaborating and negotiating with departments corporate wide as required to gain consensus, and (b) Participate in establishing and maintaining technical standards, departmental procedures, and other technical documentation as required. Ensure compliance to required Corporate standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
- Create and mature the Change and Release Management process. Research audit related changes to acheive compliance and work to implement and communicate those changes. Work with the business to communicate their role in the change and release process. Create and maintain the master release schedule for production programs to the SAS platform. Create and lead the Change Management Board meeting that ensures program and platform changes to SAS production environment are documented and implemented according to best practices.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization by: (a) Managing customers and expectations; facilitating, planning and meetings; translating customer expectations for leadership and peers; representing Highmark with outside entities by working through the department manager, and (b) Collaborating with company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders in identifying customer requirements, assessing impacts to other areas, considering available options, comparing costs and benefits, and recommending solutions.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer and Information Science or related field
- 6 years of progressive and relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor degree
- 10 - 15 years in Data Analytics
- 7 - 10 years in IT Application - SAS
- 7 - 10 years in the Healthcare Industry
- 7 - 10 years in Information Systems
- 7 - 10 years in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- 5 - 7 years in Business Systems Analysis
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Application Development
- Business Intelligence
- Healthcare Information Systems
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org