Job ID: J124337
Company: Highmark Health
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: May 31, 2018
The incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining an anti-fraud program which includes development and delivery of training and filing of Fraud Plans and Reports. This position is responsible for conducting reviews of organizational or functional activities related to alleged fraud, waste and abuse perpetrated by providers, members, facilities, pharmacies, groups and/or employees of the organizations and Subsidiaries. The incumbent is responsible for interviews which might include providers and members and may be conducted onsite or offsite. This position is also responsible for the field investigative work necessary to complete a review of a special project, potential fraud, waste and abuse case, conducting the initial reviews and coordinating the recovery of money related to fraud, waste and abuse. The incumbent must be able to testify in a court of law, prepare cases for referral to various federal, state and local law enforcement entities and work with those agencies through closure of the case. Conduct audits for proactive and investigative purposes to comply with internal audit and regulatory requirements.
1. Develop and maintain annual anti-fraud program which includes facilitating fraud training and fraud awareness day, as well as filing annual fraud plans and reports according to state regulations. Responsible for updating annually the changes in insurance laws with regard to lines of business
2. Conducts reviews of areas or programs as requested both internally and externally using department case protocol.
3. Completes all necessary field (externally) investigative work for resolution or alleged fraud/waste and abuse cases or special projects.
4. Provides support as needed to internal and external law enforcement and regulatory agencies, Credentialing or Medical Review Committee.
5. Recover misappropriated funds paid by Highmark and affiliated companies and work with Finance to ensure proper recording the financial statements.
6. Conduct audits for proactive and investigative purposes to comply with internal audit and regulatory requirements. Audits consist of contract, commissions, surveillance, workers’ compensation and IME. In addition, this position will complete Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) to ensure payments are not issued to unauthorized parties.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org