This job is responsible for developing and owning an over-arching digital content strategy for the Organization, including Highmark Health Plans and Allegheny Health Network. The incumbentl will provide strategic direction, best practices, standards, and oversight for content delivered through our digital channels, including but not limited to web and mobile properties, social media, email, SMS, microsites, video, etc. The incumbent will be responsible for creating and curating content, auditing content, and developing workflows for requesting, publishing, and retiring content, using data to drive content-related decisions.
- Define and lead the digital content strategy for Highmark health plan brands, driving demand for our products and services through content delivered via microsites, videos, e-newsletters, SMS, social media, mobile, and other digital channels, ensuring that content is aligned to support our business goals.
- Develop standards and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies. Provide strategic direction to colleagues and oversight of digital content to ensure online content maintains consistent voice, tone and brand as well as working closely with creators of offline standards and content to ensure messaging, voice, tone, and brand are consistent across channel. Provide approval on digital content, ensuring that it meets the objectives of the user and the business.
- Use data to make content decisions. Measure the impact and effectiveness of various communication channels and formats using quantitative and qualitative metrics. Work with SEO/SEM, Internet, data teams, etc. to establish KPIs to measure performance. Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness and make recommendations based on those results. Work with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals. Provide direction related to optimizing or sunsetting content.
- Develop and oversee a functional content calendar across digital properties. Coordinate with multiple, complex business units and brands to identify content that will meet business goals and user needs, working with a cross-functional team to curate content, oversee agency-created content, and create content independently. Monitor the performance of agencies who support content deliverables.
- Develop and implement content governance,establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Work with IT to develop requirements and monitor implementation of business-friendly content management and personalization tools.
- Partner with user experience design team to bring content and UX design together to create useful, engaging digital experiences for our customers.
- Oversees day-to-day activities and provides direction for other strategists on the digital team, assigning tasks, providing feedback, monitoring progress, escalating issues to management and providing management with performance review input for the team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree, Communications, English, or Journalism, Marketing, or related area
- 8+ years' experience writing for multiple digital formats, including web, mobile, social media, multimedia and other emerging communication platforms required (portfolio required)
- 8+ years' experience developing and executing content strategy for websites, social media, email, video and other digital channels
- 8+ years' HTML/CSS and/or content management system experience (Teamsite, Livesite, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience testing, measuring, and reporting on success of content
- Agency or consulting experience
- Experience delivering content strategies or content development in highly regulated industries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written, inter-personal, communication, and presentation skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Highly motivated with exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to effectively and competently handle multiple projects simultaneously and the flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes in work objectives, promotions, and available technologies.
- A passion for technology and digital media, including knowledge of evolving best practices, web trends, UX design, and digital marketing best practices
- Experience delivering content to meet accessibility and Section 508 compliance requirements
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org