The Manager, Data Analytics manages efforts throughout the life of the department’s analytical products. Ensure that staff are enabling the broader health plan analytics team members with the proper support to ensure high quality, timely solutions to its customers. Work with internal and external stakeholders to define and maintain a production grade analytical product lifecycle.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Provides leadership for analytic efforts, including complex studies, simulations, testing, etc. to solve unique problems or questions identified by executive management and various business unit partners.
- Develops and implements business plans, policies, and procedures related to providing business intelligence solutions. Manage implementation and administration of business intelligence reporting tools.
- Monitors and report out to management on the status of departmental projects: anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Information Technology or other related area.
- Five years of experience in healthcare informatics, analytics, business intelligence or statistics with responsibility for:
- Consultation and application of analytic capabilities in the solution of business problems
- Project management
- Leadership of professional analytic staff in a business, clinical or technology function
- Five years of experience solving business, financial and/or clinical problems. This includes using technologies and analytical methodologies, preparation of related recommendations and presentations of findings to various levels of management and external parties.
- Managing a Data Analytics/B.I. team
- Previous Healthcare experience
- Data Analytics
- Software Development
- Organizational Re-Alignment and Change Management
- Proficient in database design and management applications
- Working knowledge of application development lifecycle, advanced analytical methodologies, business intelligence tools and infrastructure and overall system support
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task with a wide spectrum of issues
- Thought leader and risk taker for developing and introducing streamlined solutions
- Possess expertise in the deployment and ongoing collaboration and maintenance of departmental standards
- Management experience or similar experience in a supervisory capacity or role
Referral Bonus Level: 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org