Job ID: J125309
Company: Gateway Health Plan
Location: Home, DE, United States
Facility: Work From Home
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Jul 20, 2018
*THIS IS A WORK FROM HOME POSITION IN NORTHERN SUSSEX COUNTY AND SOUTHERN KENT COUNTY DE*
The Case Manager serves as the single point of contact for members to coordinate all of the member’s care needs across the various service delivery systems and community supports. This is a full time community based position requiring frequent travel within the assigned territory in DE. The Case Manager will travel to members’ homes, nursing facilities, and other community based setting for individuals enrolled in DSHP Plus LTSS.
1. Traveling to members’ homes, nursing facilities, and other community based settings in order to complete face to face needs assessments with subsequent telephonic contact with the member in accordance with state and national guidelines, policies, procedures, and protocols. Assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating care for eligible members with chronic and complex health care, social service and custodial needs in a nursing facility or home and community-based care setting.
2. Coordinating care across the continuum of services and assisting members physical, behavioral, long term services and supports (LTSS), social, and psychosocial needs in the safest, least restrictive way possible while considering the most cost-effective way to address those needs. Facilitating authorization, coordination, continuity and appropriateness of care and services in community or HCBS
3. Facilitating transitions to alternate care settings such as hospital to home, nursing facility to community setting using an integrated care team to address the member’s specific needs. Educating members or caregivers regarding health care needs, available benefits, resources and services including available options for long term care community or facility-based service delivery. Providing education, resources, and assistance to help members achieve goals as outlined in their plan of care and to overcome obstacles to achieving optimal care in the least restrictive environment. Developing a plan of care in conjunction with members or caregivers to identify services to meet the member’s specific needs, and goals
4. Identifying resources needed for a fully integrated care coordination approach including facilitating referrals to special programs such as Disease/Chronic Condition Management, Behavioral Health, and Complex Case Management. Collaborating with the member's health care and service delivery team including the DSHP Plus LTSS Member Advocate, ICT, and discharge planners, to coordinate the care needs and community resources for the member in order to maintain the member in the least restrictive safe environment possible. Assisting members in developing, implementing and amending a back-up plan for gaps in provider coverage.
5. Ensuring approved support services are being provided as outlined in the plan of care. Evaluating the effectiveness of the service plan and making appropriate revisions as needed in accordance with per policy & procedures and state contractual requirements
6. Assisting members in overcoming obstacles to optimal care through connection with community resources, including communicating with providers and formulating an appropriate action plan. Documenting all case management services and intervention in the electronic health record.
7. Adhering to all company, State and Federal requirements related to privacy practices, HIPAA, and quality performance standards.
8. Performing other duties as assigned/requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org