Job ID: J123830
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Parkersburg, WV, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Jun 13, 2018
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for the overall performance of the entire health plan, for quality of care and service as well as financial performance. This position is responsible for delivering the revenue and operating gains for this market. They are accountable for establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with State of Virginia, our Board of Directors and external owners, the health care provider partners, key vendors, and the community at-large. This position sets the strategic direction and insurers it’s execution for revenue management, federal and state regulatory and contract compliance, care management, and service to all key constituents through direct and indirect reporting relationships with the CMO, COO, CFO and Chief Compliance Officer as well as other key business partners. This position must provide strategic direction and management oversight of staff performing the core functions for West Virginia Family Health, many of which are provided by Gateway Health through an administrative services agreement.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
• Eight years or more management experience in a matrixed organization, to include direct experience in strategic planning, financial management, community affairs, sales, and operations
• Master’s or Doctorate Degree
• Government programs, commercial health plan, or managed care management experience
• Local market health care experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Leadership and collaboration skills
• Strategic Planning and Financial Management
• Community / Government Relations
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Ability to partner with others and maintain positive working relationships
• Sales and financial aptitude, knowledge of customer needs and market trends
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org