Performs various duties assisting OR staff members in providing optimal care to patients in the operating room. Provides services by moving patients and equipment/supplies to provide optimal services; provides services that maintain the facility in a sanitary and orderly condition and is cross-trained to be able to meet the demands and services performed primarily within Jefferson Regional Medical Center Perioperative Services. Provide quality service and demonstrate the values of Jefferson Regional Medical Center.
- Follow proper cleaning procedures in all assigned areas.
- Follow directions in the proper use of chemicals.
- Cleaning procedures include high dusting, sanitizing/spot cleaning, wet-mopping the OR between cases, waste removal, making OR bed/table, keeping scrub area cleaned and appropriately stocked, removing soiled linen and sent to appropriate location, assist OR staff in removing suction canisters and replacing them as appropriate.
- Meets the performance standards for department specific cleaning and sanitation standards.
- Safely transports patients between departments and patient care areas by stretcher or bed; communicating arrivals and departures to the appropriate staff.
- Delivers medical records, specimens, mail, medical supplies, equipment and other items as requested. Meets the performance standards for moving patients and equipment
- Assist in transfer process of patients from OR table to mode of transportation (stretcher).
- Ability to procure positioning devices (pillows, stirrups, Wilson frames, etc) under the direction of the OR professional staff.
- Returns equipment to proper location after cleaning with disinfect, such as stretchers, Wilson frames, orthopedic tables, stirrups, and other specialty equipment.
- Collects, cleans, tags, and removes broken or unsafe equipment.
- Maintains storage areas in a clean, orderly, and functional manner.
- Performs other services/functions such as, but not limited to, stocking supplies, linen, scrubs, bringing case carts to room, retrieving supplies from storage areas, recording refrigerator temperatures, carrying specimens to lab, assist other service associates to finish and/or clean rooms, running for blood products from lab, and other department related duties or special projects.
- Adheres to corporate citizenship standards as well as all regulatory and corporate requirements and expectations.
- Actively participates in facility/department programs, training, performance improvement, and maintains a professional image at all timer by following perioperative dress code.
- Adheres to department attendance policy.
- Completes duties and responsibilities adhering to all safety and infection control policies, procedures and practices including, but not limited to OSHA, proper hand washing technique, safe waste handling, AORN standards for terminal cleaning, personal protective equipment (PPE), and knowing emergency codes and correct responses.
- Prior work experience is desired, but is not required
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org