Job ID: J126108
Company: HM Health Solutions Inc.
Location: Camp Hill, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Aug 2, 2018
The Senior Database Administrator uses specialized knowledge and expertise to implement, maintain, monitor, and ensure performance of databases. Plans and implements upgrades or installation of new components, if required.
1 .Create, develop, and review the physical model created from the logical model, ensuring that the detailed physical design of data structures and databases complies with standards, guidelines and procedures recommended for all aspects of data modeling, database design, and maintenance. Provide support for application staff and business areas regarding database implementations, which could include a customized in-house database and/or a third party application package. Establish automated monitoring mechanism for space and database availability conditions. Establish best practices for database and application high availability through the use of third party technologies and through the exploitation of various database features.
2. Provide applications support for staff, as well as, outside division to answer questions and resolve problems related to the DBMS technology and computing platform such as Z/OS, UNIX, Linux, and Windows. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve problems impacting application and/or database availability and service levels. Contact vendor support when necessary to facilitate application development and client problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
3. Provide after hours and weekend support as required for on call responsibilities, database refreshes, testing, technology upgrades, and other off hour assignments.
4. Participate in establishing and maintaining technical standards, departmental procedures, and other technical documentation as required. Ensure compliance to required Corporate standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
5. Assist in identifying, developing, and providing technology training to the application developers of the organization (formal and informal). Participate in staff training opportunities (formal and informal) relative to rules, procedures, and standards for the access and maintenance of shared data resources.
6. Participate as assigned to intra and inter-departmental project initiatives. Participate as assigned in the testing and recommendation of tools and utilities to improve the effectiveness of managing and supporting the database environments.
7. Maintain contacts with other DBA professionals externally in other Health Insurance/Health Care industries and/or other industries to maintain a perspective of current trends and best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS IMPORTANT to THIS POSITION
Referral Type: Level 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org