This job manages the scope, execution and delivery of business intelligence, reporting, and analytics solutions for the Enterprise and the technologies that support these efforts. Responsibilities include strategic, tactical, and operational projects and tasks, as well as communication of these efforts to stakeholders across the organization. The incumbent fosters relationships with the business and encourages the involvement of Subject Manager Experts (SMEs) to ensure accurate and timely delivery of solutions that support financial, operational, clinical, and administrative decision-making. Promotes the proliferation of a data-driven organization through agile processes and integration of applications; as well as the promotion of enterprise-wide thinking among business and technical areas. Enables and evangelizes self-service data insights by leveraging robust BI and analytic tools. Supports the improvement of organizational data literacy through collaboration and knowledge management. Ensures the appropriate access, use, and exchange of data both internally and externally. Participates in project management and budgeting to assure data-related projects are included in the organizational road map and produce tangible results. Facilitates decision making and issue resolution across departments in coordination with data governance and data warehousing processes.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Develop the scope, planning, execution and delivery of BI and reporting efforts whether strategic phases or routine periodic work. Assist in establishing the vision and strategy for the company’s BI and informatics functions and determine how these can best support the overall strategic direction. Collaborate with business areas across the enterprise and, in alignment with the corporate data governance program, ensure consistent definitions and analytic methods as well as their application.
- Drive process improvement initiatives in the department. Using process improvement methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, Lean), identify issues and fluctuations with core metrics and opportunities for development.
- Oversee the collection and integration of operationally focused data and metrics to produce performance and outcome reports. Ensure the correct first-time processes/checks are in place and that changes maintain data integrity control processes.
- Responsible for staff understanding the company from the enterprise perspective and ensuring that activities align with the specific market needs, including ensuring that staff possesses a thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the core market functions that it supports, the business processes of those areas, their data needs and relevant data flows and infrastructure. This includes an advanced knowledge of corporate systems and data sources as well as their content.
- Provide capability support to other areas both within and outside of the company dependent upon the underlying activity. Function as the point person for departmental capabilities with business partners and to develop and maintain relationships with those business partners.
- Ensure that all changes to reporting, processes and procedures are reflected, appropriately documented and that consistency is maintained.
- Ensure the use of knowledge management assets from the portfolio or reusable intellectual capital, including documented data services, analytic tools and techniques, and reporting tools, packages and report capability
- Ensure the professional development of staff with respect to business knowledge, data sources, technology, project management, consultation and presentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Analytics, or Healthcare Informatics
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering Technology, or Healthcare Informatics
- 8 years of experience in Healthcare Informatics, Analytics, Business Intelligence or Statistics
- 8 years of experience Solving Business, Financial and/or Clinical Problems. This includes using technologies and analytical methodologies, preparation of related recommendations and presentations of findings to various levels of management and external parties
- Consultation and application of analytic capabilities in the solution of business problems
- Project Management
- Leadership of professional analytic staff in a business, clinical or technology function
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Analytical Skills
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to Multitask
Employee Referral: Level 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org