Job ID: J126811
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Camp Hill, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Jul 10, 2018
The Supervisor Facilities Management is responsible for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, automatic controls, plumbing, fire protection, power and lighting systems at the assigned facility. The incumbent will provide technical support to the staff to ensure all critical mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems are operating as designed and maintained to provide a high level of reliability and continuous uptime; supervise the personnel directly responsible for the operation of the mechanical systems; provide proper training of department staff in all maintenance and emergency procedures; provide construction management and technical support to Facilities Management and Building Operations staff for all new construction and renovation projects as assigned; and interface with landlords.
1. Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions: Interacting with staff and management in accomplishing business objectives.
2. Provide direction for preventive, predictive, and daily maintenance for the mechanical operations staff at Center Street and the Data Center.
3. Design and develop engineering programs, specifications, contract administration, design work and policies and procedures that encompass equipment layouts, engineering research and project management.
4. Direct research, design and implementation of engineering components for projects involving modifications, renovations, or additions to existing buildings and the construction of new facilities. Responsible for directing the research, design and implementation of renovations as well as construction of new facilities. The incumbent will consider the implementation and use of LEED designs, products, and practices on major capital projects. The incumbent has primary project management responsibility for all engineering activities on these projects and the verification of all designs and calculations prior to implementation. This will include projects being supervised by the Facilities Management Central Region staff. In addition, the incumbent oversees the work of service and construction contractors, identifies problems and deficiencies and insures their resolution in a manner consistent with the goals of the corporation.
5. Oversee the planning, design, operation and maintenance of all environmental control systems. Oversee the maintenance, repair and operation of the environmental building systems, such as Siemens building controls system, fire alarm systems, fire suppression systems, lighting control systems, etc. Ensure these systems conform to applicable governmental and departmental requirements and they are operated and maintained in a cost-effective manner.
6. Provide direct support to the Director, Facilities Management. Responsible to manage normal day-to-day and contingency operations when the manager is not available. This position will have the latitude to make decisions in support of the overall department’s operations.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
Is Travel Required? Yes
Unusual Working Conditions
This position requires physical labor, including standing and walking for long periods of time, climbing ladders and stairs, lifting at least 55 pounds and the ability to access high, low and tight spaces.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org