Takes a lead role in providing more complex analysis services typically in a defined project. Develops more complex requirements and supplemental specifications for new applications, processes and initiatives, or analyzes change requests/enhancements in existing applications. Takes a lead role in collaborating closely with the customer/partner/business areas to identify requirements, projects specifications, business case development and cost sheet analysis.
Takes a lead role in verification that the delivered more complex application code or process meets the customer needs based on the specifications, ensuring minimal defects in both UAT and production. Accountable for identification and documentation of risks, defects and issues throughout the project lifecycle. Takes a lead role for assisting in the resolution of more complex risks, defects and issues For smaller projects or initiatives may be accountable for project schedule Accountable to provide project status back to the appropriate Management group or customer, release co-coordinator and/or various PMO groups. May mentor less experienced team members.
- Takes a lead role in working with customers, application developers, architects, project management and team members to understand more complex business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality business solutions. Takes a lead role in the full systems development lifecycle and is responsible for creation and maintenance of project lifecycle documents/deliverables (vision document, supplemental specifications, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, approvals, and training materials)
- Provides assistance and/or lead application development for more complex project deliverables ( e.g. vision document, supplemental specifications, user design, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, approvals, and training materials).
- Manages job and project requirements and takes a lead role so that more complex projects are completed on-time, in-scope, within budget, and with minimal defects. May help to maintain documentation such as design documents, architecture and flow diagrams.
- Provides required business and/or technical support for both more complex project and production related activities.
- Assures compliance to required standards and all necessary approvals have been obtained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Takes a lead role and interfaces with the business areas, customers, partners, vendors, technical staff and project teams to drive value, return on investments and innovative solutions Provides alternative solutions, including vendor solution acquisitions, with maximum benefits while reducing cost (e.g. cost benefit analysis, pros/cons of solutions).
- Accountable for all aspects of more complex testing (e.g. testing plan, scenarios, documentation, defect management) to ensure minimal production and UAT defects are realized. Will interface closely with the business and technical staff on the team during all phases of the project, including unit and system testing, integration and UAT testing culminating with implementation checkout and post implementation support.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Strong SQL experience
- Mainframe knowledge and strong familiarity using TSO
- COBOL knowledge
- Informatica knowledge a plus
- Microsoft Office: Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analyze data processes, business processes and interfaces to support the operational business areas.
- Conduct and document impact analysis to aid in decision making.
- Conduct Business Process Modeling to define "As Is" and "To Be" business models.
- Utilize project management methodologies to produce project deliverables.
- Assists in development of desktop procedures and training.
- Act as an individual contributor
- Contribute to definition of project scope and objectives.
- Participate and/or Coordinate release procedures and processes including sign-off and approvals.
- Presents project deliverables.
- Supports various levels of testing including acceptance and regression testing.
- Interacts with other departments throughout and outside the corporation.
- Develop, maintain and monitor project plans and deliverables to include but not limited to:
- Requirements Documents.
- Design documents
- Issue management
- System defects
- Test Plans
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Identify and articulate problems to team members as appropriate.
- Plan, design and conduct functional walk-throughs.
- Develop business solutions to satisfy project goals and objectives.
- Conduct/participate in problem solving resolution and decision making sessions.
- Provide ad hoc job training to include:
- New system functionality.
- Desktop procedures and on-line help.
- Development of training materials.
Referral Level Payout: 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org