Coordinates and facilitates the enrollment of Allegheny Clinic professional providers with various payers for professional services reimbursement. Reviews provider credentialing and/or recredentialing data for accuracy based on licensing requirements and various insurer payer requirements. Obtains information from professional providers and other sources. Completes timely application processes based on payer specific formats. Continually follows up on enrollment and/or recredentialing statuses until complete. Resolves issues as they are identified in a timely manner. Maintains systems/applications used in the enrollment processes.
- Completes provider payer enrollment/credentialing and recredentialing with all identified payers in a timely manner. Handles highly sensitive and confidential information regarding professional providers. (50%)
- Resolves enrollment issues through collaboration with physicians, non-physicians, office staff, management, contracting, insurers, and others as identified. Maintains positive working relationships with providers. Plays an active role in explaining and informing providers and practice/office managers of the submission requirements for credentialing/recredentialing processes, stressing the importance of compliance with these processes. (15%)
- Obtains updated provider information from various sources including provider offices, state licensing boards, malpractice insurance companies, residency training programs, etc. Identifies and resolves problems with primary source verification elements by interpreting, analyzing, and researching data. (10%)
- Proactively obtains updated provider credentialing data prior to expiration. Creates, develops, and maintains applicable matrices and/or utilizes departmental software that supports the enrollment functions. Completes all additions, updates, and deletions. Supports new provider onboarding processes as related to enrollment. (5%)
- Provides updates to on-site practice management staff and others with any changes to requirements for credentialing individual providers based on government and commercial payer credentialing processes. Proactively communicated any changes regarding contracting as it relates to enrollment and operations. (5%)
- Communicates updated payer enrollment information including payer provider numbers to practice operations in a timely manner while fostering working relationships and team work with departments, vendors, etc. (5%)
- Develops databases and spreadsheets for tracking organization providers. Ensures data is accessible/transparent for executive inquiries or other information as deemed necessary by management. (5%)
- Continuously searches for process improvements to achieve accuracy and efficiencies. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 2 years’ experience in a physician medical practice and basic understanding of various payer billing requirements and claims processing
- Associate’s degree
- Certified Provider Credentialing Support (CPCS) by the National Association Medical Staff Services
- Experience with ECHO and/or professional provider credentialing
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org