Job ID: J128455
Company: HM Health Solutions Inc.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
The Associate Business Analyst assists in analyzing less complex processes to support business unit needs, assists in conducting impact analyses and interprets system requirements, and uses Project Management Techniques. The Associate Business Analyst communicates effectively with management, steering committees, project sponsors, and subject matter/technical experts and promotes a culture of performance excellence.
This section lists the major duties and responsibilities of the position. This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties/functions/attributes. Depending on Role, essential responsibilities may also include oversight and management of people and functions described below.
1. Assists in analyzing less complex data and processes to develop viable, business-driven and cost-effective solutions.
• Gathers information.
• Tests and probes less complex assumptions.
• Analyzes data.
• Interprets less complex systems requirements, using current and emerging technologies to develop and validate effective
• Collaborates with system architects, business sponsors and others, using appropriate less complex analytical testing and/or project management tools.
• Uses appropriate analytic techniques to promote continuous improvement.
2. Assists in using appropriate less complex project management techniques and methods to produce project deliverables
• Defines and manages less complex project scope and objectives.
• Develops, maintains and monitors project plan and deliverables, to include:
(1) Requirements documents, design documents, issues identification and management, identification of system
defects, test plans;
(2) Use of metrics to measure project success
• Develops less complex desktop procedures and training
• Defines and manages less complex project scope and objectives to include identification and recommendation of creative and cost-effective solutions
• Conducts and/or oversees pre- and post-implementation review and sign-off
• Presents project deliverables to appropriate audiences
• Coordinates less complex release procedures and processes
• Identifies and implements less complex contingency plans and performs risk management assessments.
3. Assists in developing less complex business solutions to satisfy project goals and objectives
4. Assists in conducting less complex problem solving resolution and decision making sessions for issues and projects
5. Promotes a culture of performance excellence by:
• Enhancing job skills through quality process improvement and tools training / certification
• Participating in process and operational improvement initiatives
• Building and maintaining effective relationships throughout organization to advance Performance Excellence
6. Communicates effectively with customers and colleagues
• Successfully articulates issues, problems and solutions
• Successfully plans, designs and conducts functional walk-throughs
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
A High School Diploma or GED is required
• 0-1 year related experience
Assist with travel coordination
Helping with policies around travel
Assisting with Business Analysis work
And other duties as assigned to help with the group
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org