Provides support covering all aspects of insurance billing, claims follow up and collections, including direct contact to the appropriate third-party payers for all unpaid claims including denied claims and those requiring appeal.
- Ensures efficient processing of billing claims, insurance follow up, collection activities and denials. Assists in meeting cash collection goals by reviewing, completing, and submitting appropriate documentation based on payer requirements. Conducts research and provides updates and current status of collection efforts using the appropriate data management system (EPIC/Meditech).
- Performs billing, follow-up and collection functions for third parties, resolving issues that impact or delay claims payment. Communicates information and ideas to make system-wide process improvements. Updates data regarding changes and modifications in plan benefits and other contract information relevant to the billing or claims follow up and collection process.
- Serves as support staff for various departments and external payers by developing positive relationships with managed care organizations and outside agencies, and clinical areas within the organization. Reviews and responds to correspondence and inquiries generated by third party payers. Provides medical record copies and other pertinent information to the appropriate sources throughout the billing and collection process. Works collaboratively to facilitate the insurance billing and collections process to improve overall cash collection.
- Supports overall Revenue Cycle processes to achieve established targets and goals, including the completion of special/specific assigned projects or tasks.
- Monitors the status of denials, appeals, and claim errors by using folders/work queues and conducting routine, periodic follow up on previously researched claims items. Monitors, reviews, and suggests revisions or updates to existing forms, documents, and processes required to facilitate timely billing and collections.
- Ensures completeness of claims by following national, local, and internal billing requirements promoting prompt and accurate submission and payment. Maintains awareness of current regulations. Initiates practices that support current regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Health care experience of up to 3 years
- Associate's Degree/completion of college level coursework
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org