This job is responsible for managing a book of business and the relationship as a strategic consultant for existing accounts and their producers. Responsible for renewing accounts and selling new products and services to existing accounts where appropriate. Represent the organization at customer meetings, conventions, and sales events to promote sales and customer support.
- Perform renewals and add-on sales of assigned policies within established premium rate guidelines to ensure retention, profitability, and growth of existing business within an assigned book of business.
- Manage relationships as a strategic consultant with clients and brokers or producers. Assist management in supporting key local and national programs, and soliciting and providing competitive intelligence.
- Develop strategic plans and metrics for retaining contract (policyholder) count, enhancing profitability, cross-selling and processes around client’s strategic planning.
- Perform detailed fact finding, build files, collect data, coordinate, and manage information to build and enhance the policyholder and producer experience with the HM.
- Partner with diversified business and Highmark business partners where appropriate to cross-sell additional products and services to existing clients.
- Work with internal sources (claims, underwriting, administration, sales, etc.) to develop and present policyholder solutions. This position will have access to and will utilize necessary business tools such as full access to E-Services.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and monitoring customer service and satisfaction strategies. This includes a review of current administrative processes as they relate to renewing business and to make recommendations on improvement.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of experience in account management.
- State specific Producer’s license (Accident & Health) or obtained within 45 days of hire. (Stop Loss)
- State specific Producer’s license (Casualty) or obtained within 45 days of hire. (Workers Compensation)
- Experience in sales or account management in the insurance industry.
- Detailed knowledge of the health insurance marketplace.
- Communication – Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively as the position requires service calls to existing customers, and joint calls with Sales to new prospects.
- Creativity and innovation
- Influence – Consultative selling. Promote various stop loss products as solutions to meet and exceed market place needs.
- Planning and organization – Time management and working well with others.
- Problem solving – Contract, billing, claims, and contractual issues.
- Exceptional skills in excel, mathematics, and writing.
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org