Job ID: J131054
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Home, PA, United States
Facility: Work From Home
Full/Part Time: Part time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Sep 6, 2018
The Care Manager will work part-time Thursday, Friday and Saturday standard business hours and is responsible for the implementation of effective utilization management strategies including: review of appropriateness of health care services, application of criteria to assure appropriate resource utilization, identification of opportunities for referral to a Health Coach/case management, and identification and resolution of quality issues. Monitors and analyzes the delivery of health care services; educates providers and members on a proactive basis; and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data in developing strategies to improve provider performance/satisfaction and member satisfaction. Responds to customer inquiries and offers interventions and/or alternatives.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Implements care management review processes that are consistent with established industry and corporate standards and are within the care manager’s professional discipline. Effectively functions in accordance with applicable state, federal laws and regulatory compliance.
2 Implements all care management reviews according to accepted and established criteria, as well as other approved guidelines and medical policies. Promotes quality and efficiency in the delivery of care management services.
3. Respects the member’s right to privacy, sharing only information relevant to the member’s care and within the framework of applicable laws. Practices within the scope of ethical principles.
4. Identifies and refers members whose healthcare outcomes might be enhanced by Health Coaching/case management interventions. Employs collaborative interventions which focus, facilitate, and maximize the member’s health care outcomes. Is familiar with the various care options and provider resources available to the member.
5. Educate professional and facility providers and vendors for the purpose of streamlining and improving processes, while developing network rapport and relationships. Develops and sustains positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
6. Utilizes outcomes data to improve ongoing care management services.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Referral Award Payout Level: 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org