Job ID: J131333
Company: Gateway Health Plan
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Sep 5, 2018
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
The Appeals Analyst reviews inquiries to determine if they meet the definition of a grievance/appeal; documents, investigates, refers and coordinates grievances and appeals; initiates a case file for each grievance and appeal; ensures compliance with organizational and regulatory requirements for member or provider issues; independently coordinates the resolution with internal/external parties as required; and documents and summarizes to all parties involved in the case the investigation results.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review inquiries to determine if they meet definition of appeal/grievance.
2. Request and review all related relevant documentation and assemble case file.
3. Coordinate resolution results and relay investigative results with all involved parties.
4. Participate in workgroup meetings to address trends in appeals and grievances and to work on process improvement initiatives with cross functional teams to reduce trends.
5. May support the Quality Assurance, Appeal and other quality committees.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No
If yes, indicate the number of direct reports:
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required? No
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org