This job support the company’s corporate transformation and strategic planning process. The incumbent provides technical, analytical, and administrative support to the department and senior executives for the purpose of promoting informed strategy discussions. Assimilates a wide variety of information of strategic importance then use the information to build summary documents and strategic options for presentation to the company’s executive management. The incumbent supports the leadership of Highmark Health with a range of strategy activities essential to Highmark's enterprise strategy. Provides analytic and strategic thinking and leadership support that enables project teams to isolate business issues, help design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc.), and develop technical content (competitive intelligence, macro-level environmental factors, market trend analysis).
- Identify trends and issues that are shaping the industry and markets in which the company operates.
- Analyze and evaluate pertinent data, statistical results, or otherwise compiled information from across the Highmark Health Integrated Financial Delivery System. Identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentations of findings to internal and external audiences.
- Extract and define relevant information from numerous internal and external data sources to complete complex analysis from beginning to end with minimal supervision or direction from supervisor. Must be able to clearly identify limitations as well as potential logical deficiencies in final deliverables.
- Monitor and analyze competitor data to recognize and articulate important events and trends.
- Formulate strategic options in response to environmental forces.
- Develop studies, analyses and presentations documenting industry trends, competitor activities, etc. for various internal and external audiences.
- Propose and develop improvements to existing processes that align with the goals and objectives of the department and company. Establish quality control processes around all work, analysis, and models. Continually enhance their company and industry knowledge to apply appropriate reasonableness checks.
- May support strategic planning process.
- Manage the development and maintenance of departmental databases and periodical reports. Assist in the identification and implementation of continual process improvements to the planning process.
- Complete project work as assigned. Develop, maintain and monitor basic project plans and deliverable. Liaison with various business units as determined by manager for specific projects. Resolve problems including identifying and recommending creative solutions.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare, Finance, Economics, or related field
2 years in a business or analyst-related role and 2 years of experience in the following:
- Healthcare industry
- Advanced use of the web, healthcare data analytics, and research databases to synthesize data and conduct analysis
- Proficiency using database and data visualization tools
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time-management skills to effectively complete ongoing projects in balance with daily responsibilities
- Analytics - desired proficiency in database and data visualization tools. Proficient SAS, SQL, and Tableau skills are strongly preferred
- Integrity in the discreet handling of confidential information and professionalism in responding to "customers" of the area
- Thorough understanding of the health care industry (provider and payor)
- Ability to work with little or no supervision, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, provide recommendations and effectively communicate updates
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Solid research, analytical, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills, able to connect and synthesize multiple data sets and contextual information into insights
- Broad range of general business knowledge and experience
- Ability to work independently and develop analytical assessments of strategic issues of importance to the company and its future direction
- Working knowledge of strategic planning, including terminology, the planning process, strategic intelligence and strategic plan communication
- Advanced level computer skills, including Internet navigation, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook), SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to meet tight deadlines
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org