Job ID: J132817
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Sep 27, 2018
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Direct the completion of the enrollment forecast for the Health Plan. Lead the implementation and maintenance of forecasting tools and identify and implement other forecasting best practices. Support the Corporation’s strategic planning efforts through the modeling of financial results at Highmark and subsidiaries/affiliates. Support the financial analysis department in identifying the cause for variances from the financial plan. Complete senior leadership reporting via various different tools and databases to provide real time actionable insights for all markets. Direct the completion of ad hoc financial planning activities.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
2. Direct the completion of the forecast for the Health Plan and communicate results to senior management to support short term & strategic planning.
3. Direct the implementation and maintenance of forecasting tools and identify and implement other forecasting best practices.
4. Design the forecast model and project financial results to assist senior management in determining the financial results by business segment and assist executives in determining appropriate financial targets for subsidiaries/affiliates by analyzing competitive data and historical and projected data.
5. Support the financial analysis department in identifying the cause for variances from the financial plan.
6. Direct the completion of ad hoc financial planning activities and communicate results to senior management.
7. Design and improve senior leadership reporting via various IT tools and databases including Cognos, Tableau, SAS, Across Affiliate Database, & ERS.
8. Manage RDS filings and continuously assess RDS structure to optimize revenue generation and Highmark's portion of the subsidy.
9. Manage and improve SIP database to ensure efficient and accurate calculation and reporting of SIP results.
10. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Non-Specific
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org