Description Job Description
Provides operational and financial oversight to a network of physician practices. Is responsible for improving office operational efficiency and productivity while providing cost savings and revenue enhancing services.
- Conducts on-site assessment of practice operations to identify opportunities for improvement in the areas of operational and process improvement, including patient access, care alignment, patient satisfaction, and maximizing revenue. Identifies barriers and implements corrective action measures to ensure positive outcomes. (20%)
- Develops, plans, and budgets on a strategic, tactical, and operational level for and with each practice. Manages and monitors key financial and revenue cycle metrics, including staff hours, resource allocation, expense budget, patient volumes, and the revenue cycle process. (10%)
- Supervises staff, resolves problems, and implements approved disciplinary action. Interviews, hires, trains, and conducts performance evaluations. (10%)
- Assumes day-to-day operations and oversight of employees of practice in the absence of the manager (i.e. leave of absence, resignation, etc.). (10%)
- Proactively manages physician contractual obligations by ensuring appropriate level of productivity (wRVUs), standardization of physician schedules and appointment times, and compliance with the 72 hour rule and same day availability for urgent patients. (10%)
- Manages all phases of onboarding in the practice acquisition process, including providing support to new managers and physicians, establishing processes, and site preparation. Manages all phases of exit process for departing practices, including medical records processing, site breakdown, and staff assignments. (10%)
- Trains new managers in policies and procedures. Provides ongoing guidance and support to established managers. (10%)
- Works constructively with all designated physicians, leadership, and health professionals to accomplish organization and practice goals. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- PA RN License
- CPR Certification
- 3-5 years progressive leadership/management experience
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Nursing Specialty Certification
- 5-7 years progressive leadership/management experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org